LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Restoring my 1995 Bird..

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
There are absolutely no updates.. I need to find someone who legitimately wants to help me finish this car so I can get her back on the road.. I need a full brake job, replace my fuel lines from the fuel filter forward, someone who has experience replacing window motors..
I have done the window motors about 19 times. If I was down in Texas I would come help you out. I can change one out in about 30 min. The first time I installed one it didnt turn out that great and the window really needed to be adjusted after. But the 2nd time was cake walk.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

id do the fuel lines and brakes. i was a tech for 4 years before i got smart
Old 02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Teching In

what the heck? How many times does this have to happen? I go through each page of a thread like this looking at the progress.....then i get to the end, realize the last post was over a year ago, and there's no payoff of a pic of the finished product.....gay
Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TJTALS1
what the heck? How many times does this have to happen? I go through each page of a thread like this looking at the progress.....then i get to the end, realize the last post was over a year ago, and there's no payoff of a pic of the finished product.....gay
Sorry to be "gay". I apologize. The reason I abruptly stopped this project for the time being is because shortly after my last post, my son chopped and mangled his foot off during a horrible lawn mower accident. He layed in my yard, bleeding to death and ended up going into shock and eventually passing out from the pain. Had it not been for my neighbor who found him laying in my yard sometime well after this happened, my son would have succumbed to his demise due to all of the blood loss. Care Flight made the scene as fast as they could and many surgeries later (as well as all of the rehab), he is coming to terms and learning to deal with the loss of his foot. This incident set my family back around $177,000 dollars. That's why I had to halt its' completion. I am still very interested in getting this car done. I look at it daily in my garage. I would like to get a Ford 9" (the whole rear setup) with 3.70's / 3.73's, a really good drive shaft, etc. I need a full brake job with new pads and rotors (one member on here wanted to charge me $850 to do that and I would do it if I could afford it.. but that's just TOO steep for factory brakes and rotors). I also need to send off the computer for it to be tuned / reprogrammed, find someone with a 1995 OBD 1 (lol, also known as OBD 1.5.. OBD 1 system with an OBD 2 port.. UGH) scanner (a 1994 or a 1996 scanner will not work I found out. It HAS to be specifically for a 1995). I have pretty much all of my stereo equipment but I need to find someone who is really good working with fiberglass and painting said fiberglass (I want to countersink my sub box with (3) 10" Polk Audio subs and my Polk Amp in the fiberglass mold). I need to drill out and replace both of my window motors (I have the motors but man, I just had a bear of a time with the one rivet when I "tried" to drill it out). Rivet 1 - Drill Bit 0. There might be tiny things here and there but that's pretty much the "big stuff" that needs to be done to my liking and to have this car up and on the road. I can have the N20 professionally installed later (but I even have that just sitting right here next to all of the OTHER parts for this car).

The car sits in my garage and I have asked several F Body / LT1 enthusiast(s) if they would like to help me work on it. Sadly, after all of my asking, no one has offered to help. Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.. LOL.

(For the record, I live in Fort Worth, Texas for those who by chance would like to offer me help).
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your boy, hope all works out. Cars are hobbies and I'd set my car on fire in a heartbeat if it came between me and my family.

I'm going through a slow rebuild myself, not everyone has gobs of time to spend on their cars. I've been going for a year on weekends when I am home and nothing is planned with the fam. If I lived in Texas, I'd help.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sandman2100
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your boy, hope all works out. Cars are hobbies and I'd set my car on fire in a heartbeat if it came between me and my family.

I'm going through a slow rebuild myself, not everyone has gobs of time to spend on their cars. I've been going for a year on weekends when I am home and nothing is planned with the fam. If I lived in Texas, I'd help.
Hey, I appreciate the kind offer. The place where the engine was build in a neighboring city, I still have my gas tank, fuel pump and strut tower brace over there. I need that stuff.. LOL!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice work that dash is awesome. Id love to do this to my 95
Old 02-19-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
Nice work that dash is awesome. Id love to do this to my 95
Thanks. The place that did it for me was very reasonable. I purchased the radio bezel here on LS1TECH that allows for a double din radio. I just had that upholstered too.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

So...is they're an icon for "insert foot"? I'm sorry bro. Had no idea. Car looks amazing by the way. Some of the interior repairs in this thread are rediculously good.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about your son. awesome build thread by the way. hope you can finish it one day!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

I'm down in killeen maybe me a few of my buddies can come up and help if youve got the parts, I know some who can get you factory parts at cost..... Pm me and we can set something up as I'm in Arizona til end of April then i should be free.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Great looking build so far!

Hopefully everything works out and you are able to finish it.

Sorry to hear about your boy.

Good luck!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TJTALS1
So...is they're an icon for "insert foot"? I'm sorry bro. Had no idea. Car looks amazing by the way. Some of the interior repairs in this thread are rediculously good.

Hey TJTALS1.. It's all good. Don't sweat it. It was just one of those totally random things that happens to people and sort of alters their immediate life. I WILL start back on this build but it has allowed me to step back for a sec, to re-evaluate my N20 power adder. This car was built from day one keeping in mind that I was going to go the nitrous route. Now, I am toying with the idea of selling my nitrous stuff and just going forced induction.. But who knows. My compression is too high (11:1) for any serious F/I setup.

Originally Posted by jsteele90
sorry to hear about your son. awesome build thread by the way. hope you can finish it one day!
You and me both! ..It's a painful reminder each day when I go into my garage.. LOL!

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
I'm down in killeen maybe me a few of my buddies can come up and help if youve got the parts, I know some who can get you factory parts at cost..... Pm me and we can set something up as I'm in Arizona til end of April then i should be free.
That's a wonderful offer. I don't have a lift but the biggest issue for me is the rearend (and drive shaft). Many people say the factory drive shaft is fine. Don't worry. First hand, I've seen TWO factory drive shafts on a mild N20 Camaro and a Procharged T/A just completely shred the underside of both cars when they snapped / twisted. I don't mind spending some money for piece of mind and for those days when I grab a hard launch. That 7.5" 10 bolt factory rear with 3.23's ISN'T going to cut it. It would be easier for me if I could find a complete and direct replacement Ford 9" rear with 3.70's / 3.73's. ..Now all I need is money. ..haha!

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd
Great looking build so far!
Hopefully everything works out and you are able to finish it.
Sorry to hear about your boy.
Good luck!
Thanks 94LT1TA6spd. I appreciate that!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Semper Fi brother, You have come a long way with the car, and keep posting....Prior Marine myself, currently on the Dark side now with the Army..lol Anyways where abouts in Texas you from?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by texastransam1
Semper Fi brother, You have come a long way with the car, and keep posting....Prior Marine myself, currently on the Dark side now with the Army..lol Anyways where abouts in Texas you from?
Hey Semper Fidelis! Sorry about the delayed response. I'm training a rookie at work and this is my first day off. My rookie just got out of the Army not too long ago. He was in for 12 years in EOD. As for me, I'm in Fort Worth, Texas.. If you've never been here, it's the 4th largest city in Texas (roughly 3/4 of a million).
Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Hope your kids doin better Brakes are nicely priced on ws6store.com Rear diff just dont beat on it & baby it till you can get a 12 bolt or S60 thatll bolt right in & I feel your pain on the resto been doin my 95 trans am since Oct of 2011 Not sure I like all the yella lol but its your car not mine I go to dallas a lot If you get all the stuff id come help even if I too have a love hate relationship with cops lol
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im subscribing because i have faith you will get this done. good luck with everything, loved the heat gun portion!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Im in Ft Worth.. You need some help man?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys.. thanks for the support! ..As for needing help, that's always welcomed! I've got to make a call either tomorrow or Wednesday to the guy who really did all of the engine work on this car.. We dropped out my fuel tank and I installed the Racetronix fuel pump. We re-installed the tank to make sure everything was working OK. I forget the reason why, but we pulled the fuel tank out again (I think it was something to do with installing something in the rear suspension)? Ever since then, the car has been without the fuel tank. I need to get it back as it's still sitting at his shop. My car is sitting at my house and I imagine that I will have to dump out the "old" gasoline before I re-install the gas tank.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Trap door mod is your friend.... It pays for itself if you only have to replace the pump once... more so if you do what youve done...

Quick Reply: Restoring my 1995 Bird..