LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Trick Flow 195 CC heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
this kid couldnt own me if he tried first of all stick to seeing **** in the summit ad and put it on your car which is all you will do anyway..those heads arent that special anyway just sack up and get some le2's or so and/or if you have the money buy those heads and send them to Le and have him work his magic.. i wasnt talking smack to you at all im sorry you took it the wrong way But if you want war on the internet stick to doing it on your videogames..
Well if you're calling a 39 year old a kid, then I thank you very much...All I was doing was sharing something new that I saw in Summit that might be worth a look...Those who know me know that I am not a big fan of aftermaket heads and that I run ported stockers with 2.00/1.56 valves done by LPE/Eric Bradby...You just rubbed me the wrong way with your quick little quip there in your post after mine...Again I was just sharing info that could be worth a look...Those heads may work out nicely in the right porter's hands...If you don't agree than so be it...This forum is about sharing info and doing research...etc, etc...

And I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way, but had you posted something I didn't agree with I would not have tried to make you look stupid in my response to you...That's just how I am..I work on respect given, respect gained...And I don't war on the internet..I spend my days blowing doors off hinges and extracting felons from their comfy beds so that you goofs and your families can sleep easier at night and play your own damn video games...I assure you that you don't wanna see my ugly mug standing over your *** in you room at 5am...Now sorry I'm gonna go back to my Mrs. Pacman game...

--Alan

...I will admit that my little quip after yours probably wasn't very nice either...I'm sorry if I junked up this post...That is certainly not my style around here...

Last edited by ABA383; 05-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if thats the case toughguy im your age as well and believe me im the one you would nt want to see at ur back door at 2am!!! so there you go anyway and talk **** Im not one to talk **** online I do it confrontational.....so how bout we just drop this **** before it does get worse and we look like were f$n 18 year old punks talking **** on a website and playing halo with the kids....now touche' and lets be civil
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Way to be man. Good job acting like an ***
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
well if thats the case toughguy im your age as well and believe me im the one you would nt want to see at ur back door at 2am!!! so there you go anyway and talk **** Im not one to talk **** online I do it confrontational.....so how bout we just drop this **** before it does get worse and we look like were f$n 18 year old punks talking **** on a website and playing halo with the kids....now touche' and lets be civil
You say that after you were just talking crap the sentence before??? Seems like you have security issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

getting back on the subject of the trick flows............. i loved them on my firebird. yes they do drop down the compression a bit but i was running around 9.8:1 on my 355 and put down almost 380 at the wheels with a little guy of a cam. so they should definately make some good power if you get a nice port job done on them.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

I have TEA Trickflow 195CC heads on my 383 hyd roller motor. Car seems to be a little low on power and are thinking its the heads. Personally I would just go with a nice set of AFR's. Sure they are expensive but there really isnt any upgrade to those.

I will sell you my TEA's in a week or two. They only have dyno time on them.

EDIT: that sounded bad. there is nothing wrong with the heads just not the right head for my combo
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nichols92
I have TEA Trickflow 195CC heads on my 383 hyd roller motor. Car seems to be a little low on power and are thinking its the heads. Personally I would just go with a nice set of AFR's. Sure they are expensive but there really isnt any upgrade to those.

EDIT: that sounded bad. there is nothing wrong with the heads just not the right head for my combo
haha you Sir should never seek a position in any sales type job

Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey sorry I helped to **** this thread up..I'm done..Been a cop for over 15 years in the murder capitol of the world...get threatened all the time, shot at, hit, I fight for my life everyday, whatever...Anyone who knows me knows I'm easy to find...

Have fun with whatever head/porting job you decide on...I'm out...

--Alan
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Teching In

hpjunkies has a set of the twisted wedge heads with a lt-4 intake port matched for the trick flow heads for sale..just look in parts for sale section
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Just out of curiousity what where you putting down for hp??
Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Launching!

im running these heads on a 383 with flattop pistons and im at 11 to 1 comp...these heads a and very good set of heads and like stated u can have them ported and really kick *** down the road...im also running a hugh cam to go long with them so that helps out too...the car pulls hard from 3000 all the way past 7000...im very happy with my setup and cant wait to get to the track and really brake her open...i pulled about 3 cars on a modded c5 z06 if that gives u any idea...for being just 18 i have my hands full
Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by th3brandon
im running these heads on a 383 with flattop pistons and im at 11 to 1 comp...these heads a and very good set of heads and like stated u can have them ported and really kick *** down the road...im also running a hugh cam to go long with them so that helps out too...the car pulls hard from 3000 all the way past 7000...im very happy with my setup and cant wait to get to the track and really brake her open...i pulled about 3 cars on a modded c5 z06 if that gives u any idea...for being just 18 i have my hands full
Stock computer doesn't read "way past 7000".

6955 or something if the highest it actually registers, and then depending on who you ask relies on the last known rpm cell value.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default TrickFlow

I am making a lil over 450 rwhp with a set of Trickflows and a HR nitrous cam
They are 230cc and I can post flow numbers.

I strongly recommend TEA heads

The stock PCM does stop at 7k my motor is kinda a turd below 3k though it really doesnt start to pull til about 4800 it peaks at 6700 rpms.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt1forever
just out of curiousity what where you putting down for hp??
449rwhp NA. Tuned by Andy Wicks (Dynotuneusa.com) on Corn.

It is short on power because the rings didnt seat properly, wasnt the heads. Should do ~500 NA and who knows with the spray
Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm surprised your ride is a dog below 3k being it is a 383 What size cam is in it?
Originally Posted by BADMOON
I am making a lil over 450 rwhp with a set of Trickflows and a HR nitrous cam
They are 230cc and I can post flow numbers.

I strongly recommend TEA heads

The stock PCM does stop at 7k my motor is kinda a turd below 3k though it really doesnt start to pull til about 4800 it peaks at 6700 rpms.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

449rwhp NA. Tuned by Andy Wicks (Dynotuneusa.com) on Corn.

It is short on power because the rings didnt seat properly, wasnt the heads. Should do ~500 NA and who knows with the spray

500rwhp N/A with a Hydraulic roller? What cam you using? supporting mods intake etc.?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Evaporate
I'm surprised your ride is a dog below 3k being it is a 383 What size cam is in it?

Cam size is 247/258 .606 lift on a 108 LSA so like I was saying it is a nitrous cam. I didnt wont the car to run like a turd off the bottle and have to take a lot of timing out . I have a Lt4 intake so maybe thats what is hurting me down low also. This car is setup for a big shot when I take a lil timing out. Also I have a 6 speed car with a 3.90 gear so if I put a lower gear in the car I am sure that would help some but I like my 3.90's

Last edited by BADMOON; 05-09-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BADMOON
500rwhp N/A with a Hydraulic roller? What cam you using? supporting mods intake etc.?
It is a custom C&S cam. He actually wont tell me the spec on it . Not to sound like an idiot but it would be easier to list what isnt done to it. This was built for me but not by me, he toyed around with it for a while and finally got the power I wanted but now this crap. I dont know what its called but some type of drag in the cylinders... he smothed them out too much preventing the rings from seating
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Launching!

I have these on my car. Works great for boost.

Quick Reply: Trick Flow 195 CC heads