LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thoughts on a header install write up...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thoughts on a header install write up...

Hey guys, when I went to install headers and exhaust on my car, I had never did it before, and wasnt able to find a good write up on LT1, Long Tube header installation. So I found myself basically learning as I went, and it took me alot longer than it would of if i knew what all needed to be taken off, what extra materials were needed, and the correct order to disassemble and reassemble things in. So, I guess im asking for opinions, if I do a write up with pictures in it, would it be beneficial to people on this site that are wanting to do this. Now, that ive installed them and everything turned out installed fine, I know I could do it in alot less time, and not be so stressed and frustrated as I was lol. So, let me know if you think this would help?

-Later dudes!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic_Warrior
Hey guys, when I went to install headers and exhaust on my car, I had never did it before, and wasnt able to find a good write up on LT1, Long Tube header installation. So I found myself basically learning as I went, and it took me alot longer than it would of if i knew what all needed to be taken off, what extra materials were needed, and the correct order to disassemble and reassemble things in. So, I guess im asking for opinions, if I do a write up with pictures in it, would it be beneficial to people on this site that are wanting to do this. Now, that ive installed them and everything turned out installed fine, I know I could do it in alot less time, and not be so stressed and frustrated as I was lol. So, let me know if you think this would help?

-Later dudes!!
If you have the patience to write one, I'm sure it will help people. There is a nice write up as a matter of fact. Don't know the link, but it never hurts to have more than one write-up.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey, there are a handful of really good writeups out there, but I am sure one more would be appreciated by a lot of guys(especially if it has pics). I think some header writeup links weres posted a couple of days ago. How does the car sound now? I bet it is bad!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

barely beat me ss.slp.ls1 lol. Looks like we are on the same page
Old 05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Launching!

def would help people out, always good to have an indepth writeup with pics. go for it!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help out some. I know it was a PITA to install my Hooker Super Coms on my 93 without really knowing what i was doing. Mine i actually had to remove oil filter, oil pressure sensor (located right above oil filter for 93) remove one of my valve covers: mainly because i didnt want to unbolt my engine mount. It is a lot easier for my now that my engine bay has nothing left in it but there are a lot of younger people that are starting to get into the f-body's; mainly LT1 because of the price. And there is always questions about how to install headers on their car since the first thing they want is a good sounding car.

Good idea, hope it comes out better than some I've seen.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Yeah either I dont know how to search properly (wouldnt suprise me hehe!!), or I just wasn't looking in the right places. All I know is I never found any with very good info, and found very few after a long night of searching.

And yeah dude, it sounds awsome, along with the LT's(Pacesetters), I installed the Pacesetter ORY, and TSP Rumbler, and was honestly blown away by how amazing it sounded. I'll also post an exhaust clip of it here soon. OH YEAH, with no cats, living in nebraska, we can do whatever we want to with this **** lol, no emissions!!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic_Warrior
Yeah either I dont know how to search properly (wouldnt suprise me hehe!!), or I just wasn't looking in the right places. All I know is I never found any with very good info, and found very few after a long night of searching.

And yeah dude, it sounds awsome, along with the LT's(Pacesetters), I installed the Pacesetter ORY, and TSP Rumbler, and was honestly blown away by how amazing it sounded. I'll also post an exhaust clip of it here soon.
Wait til you get a cam.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Wait til you get a cam.
YYYEAH boy, we think alike!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres one i had saved back so when i go to do it i would have a little help to go by... so this may help ya as a guide to what ya want to write if you are gonna do it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...r-install.html
Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here are some pretty good writeups
http://www.z28.com/Fanta-Z/longtube_install.doc
http://www.lt1howto.com/articles/flpinstall.htm

There are a couple other good ones I have the links to on my computer, but I cant find them this sec.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a header install write up...