LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Im tired of this car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard of lloyd elliot but i cant find him. is he in these forums or does he have a website. what is his email? I also would like to know what kind of time you run with a stock lt1 that is stroked out?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Try searching the forums, then search again, and again, and again. I dont have tons of posts and one reason is because I use the search function to its full potential. Pretty much anything I have ever wanted to know I've found through searching. There are tons of old posts about LE and AI.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Ahaha there’s a bunch of geeks here serious ………………
Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 AM

ok when this post was originaly started i had a problem with my car not starting and that has been causing me alot of problems so the shop called me today and said that the computer is not communicating with his code runner...Ok so wat could this mean? There is nothing in the chiltons book about it and he said he has found no short. what you think?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Thats what the shop is for, they are suppose to tell you whats wrong lol. No but seriously it sounds like a pcm issue possibly.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blown PCM fuse, but if the garage can't diagnose and fix it you may be working with the wrong people.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:54 PM

all right like i figured it was something completely retarded.......A effin ground at the back of the motor....Stupid! i guess with every shake of the motor it just got more loose and more loose and then just got too loose to keep a connection so that problem is resolved. I am now having to buy my cam heads and lifters. At this point i am projected to have 460 hp with a possibility of the motor being able to handle around 100 shot of nos. idk yet. I have found a cam with 224* 234* and a 480 lift for relatively cheap. round 109 buck not including lifters and all. Heads i am sure u have all found out are a bitch to pick out. Almost every head i have looked out has got the 2.02 int and the 1.60 ex. But i cant find a 68 cc one. Also everytime i look at the heads the only come bare and are not ported. its getting frustrating really. I was told that this would work great with my cam and get everything flowing pretty descently. I am looking through competitonproducts.com so what kind of head do u have that are working pretty good with your set up? I am looking at the dart heads. I will also be putting a lt4 intake on and clearing my engine compartment by taking out my smog pump and abs till i have the money for the headers. At the moment i have estimated the cost of this build to be around 5000. Tell me what you think. I am relying on your help to make this car. reply with all ur ideas thank you.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Save your money and don't get the LT4 intake. Many have posted on here that it is no better, if not worse, than just porting your stock intake. I would just send your stock heads to someone like Lloyd Elliot for the porting work...I hear nothing but good and will be using them myself when the time comes. Many have already posted if you would like to read actual customers of Lloyd's testimonials as well. Search the forum...plenty should show up.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AFR will mill heads to just about any chamber size you want, and they'll assemble them as well.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 PM

thank you guys. i have looked at having the intake ported. there is a place less then 50 miles from here actually lol. But i am goin to have to wait a full month before ill even have the rest of the money. i have 3300 now but i have to get the rest of the money. all 2000 of it lol
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

incase you never found lloyd elliotts website...it is elliottsportworks.com I will be using him very soon...He only wants half the money when you send in the heads..and the other half when he gets done about 4-5 weeks. So that should give you enough time to save up the rest of the money...While some of the work is getting done. Less time to wait before you GO FAST!!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM

lol 4 to 5 weeks?! sheesh im lookin at only bout a month to get running. lol Bout how much did u guys run? im lookin at a set of dart heas that are gonna run me 370 a peice...

Quick Reply: Im tired of this car!!!