LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

any1 tried these ebay headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IROC-Z28_CAMARO
LPP always says they are in production. Are these 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 steped and do they use a merge collector?
The ones I got were anyway. If you look inside the collector, there is the pointed tip where the collector is to reduce the turbulence if that is what you mean by merged collector. They are basically LPP knockoff through and through but for less. Like I said, the only real fitting issue I had was with the ORY more so than the actual headers. The rest is pretty much standard long tube header headache process :-p
Old 05-20-2009, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey you said you had to cut the kmember for fitment. since i have a tubular kmember you think that the headers will clear it ok?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28rob18
hey you said you had to cut the kmember for fitment. since i have a tubular kmember you think that the headers will clear it ok?
Yea, the tubular K-member should clear them. I think that is coming for me down the road as it would definitely make life easier under the car and should clear the headers by far. It's only because the stock member is so big and flat with protruding edges for the flat pinch welds they used. The tubular K-member would be way away from the headers I am pretty sure.

Also, here is a link for the Ebay company I bought mine from...probably the same headers just different suppliers/shippers/etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

its good to hear that their stepped hope there still out in about 3 weeks
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Regular

They have been out now for a few months and they appear to have like 5-20 each supplier that I have seen so far. I wouldn't worry about their supply running out in 3 weeks.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

They look like another Kooks knock off.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Ya they look like a kooks header and they are a 1/4 of the price. Cant beat that.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

do NOT buy these headers i just put mine in today and wow what a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never do a lt install again. ill go with mids next time.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1adamls1
do NOT buy these headers i just put mine in today and wow what a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never do a lt install again. ill go with mids next time.
So because it was a PITA, no one else should buy them? Did you do it at home or at a proper shop with proper tools to make life any easier? Aside from being difficult, why else would you recommend leaving 30hp/30tq on the table?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94
So because it was a PITA, no one else should buy them? Did you do it at home or at a proper shop with proper tools to make life any easier? Aside from being difficult, why else would you recommend leaving 30hp/30tq on the table?
well to start smart ***, if you have not installed these before you should not be talking!!!!

you should not buy these unless you want to cut primaries and reroute them or grind and cut your car up. the fitment is like shoving 20lbs of sh*t in a 5 lb bag. WILL NOT WORK. THEY DO NOT FIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!

need anymore good reasons
Old 05-24-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

I have installed them...as you can see by previous posts in this thread if you read the whole thing. I don't know many long tubes that just slide right into place with zero modification/fitting issues on these cars that are worth much...maybe the $1200-$1800 sets, but, well, they are over $1000. So it depends on what you want to spend versus how much you want to work I guess.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94

So because you installed cheap, shitty headers, you think installing other longtubes will be the same? Get some known and tested headers next time. I just installed my Jethots in an hour flat. Record breaking times?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I still don't understand why people are still trying out these headers only to find out that they don't fit right or still waiting for the LPP's. My stainless eBay headers, the Pacesetter copies, required zero banging, grinding, modifications etc... Sliding them in was the easiest part of the entire install. I really don't believe that the merge spikes or stepped design will benefit most people on this board who will have bolt-on or even cammed cars.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spudnick3119
I still don't understand why people are still trying out these headers only to find out that they don't fit right or still waiting for the LPP's. My stainless eBay headers, the Pacesetter copies, required zero banging, grinding, modifications etc... Sliding them in was the easiest part of the entire install. I really don't believe that the merge spikes or stepped design will benefit most people on this board who will have bolt-on or even cammed cars.
This is probably the best point actually. It is highly unlikely that over 10% of the people on here would benefit from the design. They are designed for a lot more flow and build of a motor than most are planning on ever accomplishing on here. But for those who do plan on pushing for max power...or trying to do as much as possible naturally aspirated for example, then it might be worth the effort and headache. In that case though, wouldn't shorties be the way to go? Probably much easier to install, in terms of power gains/losses in comparison to the overall build shouldn't matter that much then right? Fact is, if you want max potential out of your parts, you are probably going to get the long tubes and either fight the lower quality/cheaper ones or pay top dollar and have them "slide right in". Either way, it is up to whoever is doing the install.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all im saying is for whoever is cosidering these it is not worth the hassle. if i could do it all over i would get either mid tubes or find a good used set of jethots.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spudnick3119
Stainless Pacesetter copies? Got a link to them?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes also interested in the stainless pacesetters, could they be had with no ypipe? Trying to find headers for a friend, for some reason people selling used exhaust parts on tech don't get back to people anymore.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to ebay and search for seller eworldsales1. I have a large thread posted somewhere on here also. Something along the lines of "ebay headers".
Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

I just received mine in the mail today. They look great. They are stepped and they do have the spike on the merge collector. now we gotta see how they fit.... heres some pics

Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Goooooood luck

Quick Reply: any1 tried these ebay headers?