LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 running wierd, need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 running wierd, need help

ok well a while back i bought this used lt1 to put in my vette. its all in and it runs but runs really wierd. when the car idles under 1k and i rev it real quick it revs fine, when it idles above 1k and i do the same it stumbles and backfires like crazy. its also running really rich (burning my eyes rich).

another thing when the car is running and i pull the maf off of the intake elbow it doesnt do any difference. ive tried 2 different maf's and it does the same thing. (doesnt seem to be reading the MAF).i thought it should change?

things that have been checked or changed:

plugs/wires
cap/rotor
coil
MAP sensor
knock sensor
engine temp sensor
o2 sensors
vacuums seemed fine

PCM/ECU or whatever had the VATS and EGR tuned out and was tuned for long tube headers (installed on the car).

i do not have a obd1 connector and check engine light hooked up to the car (since it was a swap) so i dont know what codes its throwing. i havent been able to check the fuel pressure yet either.

i just need to know what to buy or fix so i can drive the damn thing. ive owned this car for 2 years, been through 3 different motor setups and only driven the damn thing maybe 3 months total.

i can get videos or whatever if that will help anything.

Last edited by RPD_Vette84; 05-31-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Mine is doing the same thing... i pulled codes off mine and i found out my distributor is going/gone bad... it might run fine one minute and the next it will spit pop and stumble... hopefully it will help you... thas in my 95 TA thas doing that.... Good Luck Chief
Old 06-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

fuel injector might be leaking idk though mine does that if i drive it then turn off for bout 30 minutes then drive it again does yours clear when u start driving it
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

no its like hit or miss. sometimes itll run o and and sometimes itll just fall on its spaced and start popping and farting.