LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

96 Procharged Trans Am NO START!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Procharged Trans Am NO START!

Car won't start just cranks and nothing with a small fire every once in awhile. Car runs stupid rich at idle espiacially when cold(needs an O2 sensor and a MAF extender)and I think the plugs may be fouled from starting it and not letting it run to burn up cold start gas. Question is could the motor be so loaded up that it won't start at all? Tried "clear flood mode" and pulling the fuel pump fuse to clear it out but still nothing. I just did the plugs(NGK TR55) like 1,000 miles ago and it was a pain in the *** so I am not looking forward to doing it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by madball
Car won't start just cranks and nothing with a small fire every once in awhile. Car runs stupid rich at idle espiacially when cold(needs an O2 sensor and a MAF extender)and I think the plugs may be fouled from starting it and not letting it run to burn up cold start gas. Question is could the motor be so loaded up that it won't start at all? Tried "clear flood mode" and pulling the fuel pump fuse to clear it out but still nothing. I just did the plugs(NGK TR55) like 1,000 miles ago and it was a pain in the *** so I am not looking forward to doing it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would test for spark at the coil and spark at the plugs. Sounds like you might have a detached rotor.

Quick Reply: 96 Procharged Trans Am NO START!