LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nitrous Control Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Control Valve?

I know this is nitrous related by maybe someone has experience with these on other applications.

Can I leave the bottle open all the time and use one of these as a shut on/off valve. Do these type of valves tend to leak more? I'm looking for a easier way to open or close without the expense of a remote opener.

Thanks

1/4 NPT NITROUS CONTROL VALVE (BRASS BODY W/STAINLESS BALL)

$24.27

Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

That'd be interesting if it works for you. I'd make sure that you have a purge kit installed though.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
That'd be interesting if it works for you. I'd make sure that you have a purge kit installed though.
I can already reach back to open the bottle if I sit/stand way up but it's a pain to turn the valve. This would make it much easier if it works. I have a purge installed too.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a hold of some of the nitrous sponsors, there are valves like that as pictured that can handle the high pressure. Their not cheap, but it's crossed my mind too, even though I have my bottle mounted on the hump. It's not like you can easily turn and reach the handle in a hurry if you had to when your strapped in.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Get a hold of some of the nitrous sponsors, there are valves like that as pictured that can handle the high pressure. Their not cheap, but it's crossed my mind too, even though I have my bottle mounted on the hump. It's not like you can easily turn and reach the handle in a hurry if you had to when your strapped in.
That was what I was thinking. Leave the screw valve open 100% of the time and just turn around while in the seat and flip the new valve open when needed.

I'll check out some of the vendors. Someone also mentioned mcmastercarr or grainger as long as it was rated for high pressure.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Control Valve?