LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LOL...Some guy tries to tell his Cam Only Bolt ons LT1 made 414/586 on the rollers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the kid had no idea what was up. My friend OWNS the dyno he ran the car on... but I haven't seen him lately to ask him about the car. LOL.

ANd yeah, we have very few fast cars around here that actually get driven around. Most of the are either in my driveway or in our shop (My Dad's cars) but there are quite a few running around.

And YES our speed limit sucks. and the roads suck.

AND YES...I get harassed by cops all the time. I got a ticket once for "Drag racing on Highway" at 8 o'clock in the morning, on my way to work, right in front of the POLICE STATION. Thats right. And it was just me and my buddy, I was in the SS and he has a LS2 CTS-V....and he was in front of me.

How you can drag race with the cars one behind the other is beyond me. I got out of everything though...and the cop even showed up in court.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
When I hit V-tech it's over.. there's nothing else to say..
No Kidding, If I had a dollar for evertime I heard that exact phrase Id be rich.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my response to that all the time was well when you hit v-tech i hit NOS and there is nothing else to say then lol
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by airfix
No Kidding, If I had a dollar for evertime I heard that exact phrase Id be rich.
its so funny cause its only like a 5-10hp gain and they think they are gonna shoot off the planet like a rocketship. If they did their research and actually figured out what it does then they can use low end torque cams for normal and mid-high torque/big hp cam for v-tech and its actually usefull instead of bragging out the lame regular cams 5hp increase over the measily 80whp
Old 06-12-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-12-2009, 04:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
ok since were telling dumbass stories ill throw mine in. i worked at advance for about two years. had a kid come in order a CAi for his civic was telling me about a race he had the next night. to a prelude or something stupid. the day after the race he comes back in and buys a chrome fire ext. and a pack of stickers. said he lost by about a car. but the guy had stickers on his back window and a chrome fire ext so he should be able to take him now. and chuckled for a sec and asked if he was serious and why he doesnt just slap a turbo on it. he looked at me and was like young kids and their turbos. and that turbos arent worth how much you pay for them and he will see a much bigger gain from the 15 dollars worth off ****. so i rung him up and watched him go on his way. just on a side note i was 16 at the time and he was 23 so i guess i was the dumb one. lmao
I don't believe that one, sorry. No one is that stupid. Maybe he was ******* with you? No one actually believes stickers makes them faster.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

im not asking you people to believe me. but its a true story. either its true and he is that stupid or he is very very very good at playing **** off. and wasted 15 dollars or so just to play it off.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 237 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by LS2-Zx2
its so funny cause its only like a 5-10hp gain and they think they are gonna shoot off the planet like a rocketship. If they did their research and actually figured out what it does then they can use low end torque cams for normal and mid-high torque/big hp cam for v-tech and its actually usefull instead of bragging out the lame regular cams 5hp increase over the measily 80whp
Yea the way it works is a good idea..it's definately something to build on if some of them kids understood how it worked.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok since were telling dumbass stories ill throw mine in. i worked at advance for about two years. had a kid come in order a CAi for his civic was telling me about a race he had the next night. to a prelude or something stupid. the day after the race he comes back in and buys a chrome fire ext. and a pack of stickers. said he lost by about a car. but the guy had stickers on his back window and a chrome fire ext so he should be able to take him now. and chuckled for a sec and asked if he was serious and why he doesnt just slap a turbo on it. he looked at me and was like young kids and their turbos. and that turbos arent worth how much you pay for them and he will see a much bigger gain from the 15 dollars worth off ****. so i rung him up and watched him go on his way. just on a side note i was 16 at the time and he was 23 so i guess i was the dumb one. lmao
Says the guy with a 383 that ran 13.1 @ 109.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I know some stories sound ridiculous, but at the auto parts one day a kid was buying a very small bottle ( about 1oz) of some sort of octane booster and he was telling the parts guy how he could feel a BIG difference in power...I mean look at the guy that thought by just installing a intake manifold he would make 500 Hp and the other guy that said if he got the pcm out of a tundra or something that his truck would now have the same amount of horsepower. Now here is one even better. Years back my neighbor bought a ford galaxie or crown vic, anyway they were waxing it and they told me that the guy that sold them the wax said they would get better gas mileage, go faster due to now the paint was slippery and had less drag... Man some people...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I know some stories sound ridiculous, but at the auto parts one day a kid was buying a very small bottle ( about 1oz) of some sort of octane booster and he was telling the parts guy how he could feel a BIG difference in power...I mean look at the guy that thought by just installing a intake manifold he would make 500 Hp and the other guy that said if he got the pcm out of a tundra or something that his truck would now have the same amount of horsepower. Now here is one even better. Years back my neighbor bought a ford galaxie or crown vic, anyway they were waxing it and they told me that the guy that sold them the wax said they would get better gas mileage, go faster due to now the paint was slippery and had less drag... Man some people...
Im sorry but.... i cant possibly fathom that level of stupidity. even tho im sure the .0000001% drag loss will eventually add up
Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea at first I started laughing cause I thought they were joking, but I noticed that they were getting kinda pissed so I just listened to them while they were doing the wax on wax off routine..It was a special wax that is used to wax aircraft so the wind slips by while in flight..Hmmm now waxing an airplane...
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buzz12586
Says the guy with a 383 that ran 13.1 @ 109.

so wtf does it matter that i had a 383 that ran 13.1 @109. you dont know anything about that motor. like it wasnt fully built. stock head stock intake stock throttle body stock exhaust with the exception of pacesetter mid tubes. stock V6 rear shitty street tires. the car just had a lil more bore and stroke and a LT4 cam which wasnt being used to its fullest cause it had 1.5 rockers instead of the recommended the 1.6
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Launching!

yah now the mustang guy at work has 350 hp, at the wheels. so if he gets a supercharger he says he will have 400 instead of 450 plus haha. same guy has greg welds all around on regular street tires. theyre bald from doing burnouts, hehe
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so wtf does it matter that i had a 383 that ran 13.1 @109. you dont know anything about that motor. like it wasnt fully built. stock head stock intake stock throttle body stock exhaust with the exception of pacesetter mid tubes. stock V6 rear shitty street tires. the car just had a lil more bore and stroke and a LT4 cam which wasnt being used to its fullest cause it had 1.5 rockers instead of the recommended the 1.6
You make fun of a guy for buying stickers for his car when you might as well be doing the same thing by having a 383 that runs the same as a bolt-on LT1 car.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by buzz12586
You make fun of a guy for buying stickers for his car when you might as well be doing the same thing by having a 383 that runs the same as a bolt-on LT1 car.
The guy doesnt even have the car anymore so whats it matter? Can you explain what is so similiar about a ricer buying Stickers and someone having a Mildly built 383? Your comments are a little off topic as well. But nice story? Remember the internet is so serious guys!

Last edited by LT1forever; 06-15-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1forever
The guy doesnt even have the car anymore so whats it matter? Can you explain what is so similiar about a ricer buying Stickers and someone having a Mildly built 383? Your comments are a little off topic as well. But nice story? Remember the internet is so serious guys!

The ricer put stickers on his car and it didn't run any faster.

He put a mild 383 in his car and it didn't run any faster.

See the comparison now?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

I was all into this thread till I saw the guys 383 running 13.1, WTF is up with that! My cc503, longtubes and 4.10 gears LT1 runs 13.0 flat with PCM for Less tune, you must have bought you 350 from a car lot who advertised it as 383 lol
Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright people. can someone please tell me what a 109 trap speed is in 1/4 with a good 60'??? a 109 is roughly what? 12.7 maybe? ok ill go throught this again. the V6 rear cause it was a swapped car from a v6. so it was an open rear. on 245/55 R16 all seasons. stock t-56 stock clutch, stock heads, stock intake, stock TB, Stock airbox/paper filter, stock exhaust, LT4 cam, steel crank, hypereunetic pistons, Forged rods, Pacesetter Mid tubes, MSD Opti, NGK Plugs, Smog Delete, A/c Delete, Rear seats and panels removed, a 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.19 60'. so as you can see my car was pretty stock for the most part. if you live around delaware you will know that on the street i would pull cars that ran 12.5s i just couldnt hook at the track. but from what i know and have been told that your trap speed really doesnt change to much so you can get a rough idea as to what you ran. and to everyone who wants to talk **** on my cars idc i build them to make me happy, if you dont like it or think its slow then **** off. i was 17 with a mid to high 12 car if it would hook so im not gonna bitch to much. and o yea. i did the entire swap myself and the entire build myself with the exception of the motor. so talk **** so i can sit back here and laugh at how ******* retarded you guys are. Have a wonderful day
Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I hear is a bunch of excuses.

Quick Reply: LOL...Some guy tries to tell his Cam Only Bolt ons LT1 made 414/586 on the rollers!