LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Made some progress.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Made some progress.

After neglecting the poor old Camaro since my last outing to the track about six months ago, I finally took it out of the garage and put in some quality time with her this weekend.

When I got home from work on Friday, I charged the battery while I installed the BMR tourque arm, then took it for a little drive and made a couple of test hits to see how it was running. On Saturday morning I got up and took it to a shop and had my BMR scf's and lca relocation brackets welded on.

While driving home from the shop on Saturday it starting running hot whenever I stopped for any amount of time. I spent this afternoon flushing the radiator and changed the radiator cap and some heater hoses. Problem solved. I let it idle in the afternoon heat for thirty minutes and it stayed nice and cool.

Next weekend I might try installing my new Strange drag shocks. Once I get it hooking up consistently, I'm going to bump the stall up to 4000 and do a little more weight reduction. I'm hoping for some 11 second time slips before adding any power.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Man those are some good times in your sig.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
Man those are some good times in your sig.
Thanks! I ran those times last December in some really good air.

Quick Reply: Made some progress.