LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

proformance question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proformance question

ok so i got the camaro runing after the built, did all the mods on my sig, been 3 weeks i put just about a 1000 miles already b4 i got on it, its not tuned bc i havent had the money its going fri to get tuned. feels like it to lean when it starts and starts cutting back as i drive, when its cold she runs fine but it feels stock like the cam and 1.6 rr and didnt really do much to my proformance, i raced a 98 cobra and beat him about the same as i did when i was stock just headers and gears. can this be bc im not tuned? bc i should be making 340-350 hp off the bottle and feels like im in the 200s still. can it be bc im not tuned?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ALEXZ28
ok so i got the camaro runing after the built, did all the mods on my sig, been 3 weeks i put just about a 1000 miles already b4 i got on it, its not tuned bc i havent had the money its going fri to get tuned. feels like it to lean when it starts and starts cutting back as i drive, when its cold she runs fine but it feels stock like the cam and 1.6 rr and didnt really do much to my proformance, i raced a 98 cobra and beat him about the same as i did when i was stock just headers and gears. can this be bc im not tuned? bc i should be making 340-350 hp off the bottle and feels like im in the 200s still. can it be bc im not tuned?
Car isn't gonna make the power it should till its tuned. I wouldn't even be hammering on it until you get that handled - especially if your getting cutting out, etc.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by acammer
Car isn't gonna make the power it should till its tuned. I wouldn't even be hammering on it until you get that handled - especially if your getting cutting out, etc.
+1. I'd also readjust your roller rockers with the engine running if you haven't already done so. I feel that is the most effective way of adjusting them and the adjustment has a huge effect on your performance (lol).
Old 06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
+1. I'd also readjust your roller rockers with the engine running if you haven't already done so. I feel that is the most effective way of adjusting them and the adjustment has a huge effect on your performance (lol).
i checked my rr yesterday seems they sound good they are not ticking or anythin, im going to pull the covers off this weekend to be safe. i know i need a tune but wanted to test it out and i wasnt to happy with the results i just wanted to know if its bc its not tuned or what. but ill be tuned this coming fri.

Quick Reply: proformance question