LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what do you guys think about the dart heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you guys think about the dart heads

im looking into picking up a set of heads for my lt1 and im kinda on a budget so after looking around the dart pro1 heads are looking good. if anybody is using them what do you think of them. i want to hear the good and bad. thanks for the info
Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BRADP
im looking into picking up a set of heads for my lt1 and im kinda on a budget so after looking around the dart pro1 heads are looking good. if anybody is using them what do you think of them. i want to hear the good and bad. thanks for the info
This is what you will hear:

-You should use ported stock heads instead of those untouched aftermarket heads, they will flow more and are a little cheaper. Those Dart heads need to be sent out to a porter to get their true value...

-Those Dart heads flow well as is, price is decent, and later down the road you can port them to make a real nice set of heads...

The usual rule of thumb:
stock heads < aftermarket heads < ported stock heads < ported aftermarket heads
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bolted on a pair of Dart Pro1s yesterday. Engine's still out of the car. My son and are close to finishing up the heads and cam swap, so no feed-back yet. I bought 180s to stay on the small port volume side but I cc'd them at 190 ccs.

I bought mine from JEGS; $1,350 which included shipping. Ignore the price on their site, give them a call, talk to a sales guy and if you get any static, tell him what I just wrote. I can email you my Invoice if it comes to that.

Hope this helps.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

Quick Reply: what do you guys think about the dart heads