LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Introducing our 408 LT1 short block

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

What a pity this thread would have to blow up while simply asking for results...

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I might not be the brightest bulb in the bunch
You're absolutely right and wasting time trying to explain anything to one is useless. You are either just that retarded or you aren't looking for answers. This thread has nothing to do with what you think about my build or what it has done.

Last edited by SS RRR; 07-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Your right, it is weird that nobody is skeptical about an LS motor making solid power, why? Because it happens often.

I was not here to doubt an LTx can make serious power, I clearly stated it doesnt happen often and that I wanted to see some info on your 525+rw car. I have nothing against HKE, I am just tired of hearing all this he said/she said **** and seeing nothing to prove it.

I would love to see a 400ci LTx roaming the streets, its a very cool thing but it just seems far fetched and inefficeint IMO.

Tony.

I can tell you all I know about that combo pretty easily as we did the whole thing. Its a 4.030 bore 4.000 stroke deal with an Eagle crank modified by Callies/Shaftech and Callies Compstar rods. It has a nice small SR that was 255 / 260 / 108+3 with <100g hollow stem 5/16 Ferrea valves. The heads are TFS LTx castings that had 2.080 / 1.600 valves and were very stable. Rockers are Jesel Pro Series with the correct offsets on both the rockers and the lifters so we could use 7/16 Manton pushrods. It has a ported LT4 manifold on top. Compression was 11 to 1 with slight dishes. I can't say what headers it had but I thought they had some 1 7/8 inch but I know a long while back you couldn't get real headers for LTx stuff very easily but maybe you can now.

Unfortunately the shop that did this install and tuning also doesn't seem to want any more LTx stuff coming through their shop anymore so if I get the sheet I will have to remove their name and the customers name as well. They had numerous optispark issues and tested several manifolds as well during this build. They had an Edelbrock tunnel ram deal and two different ported LTx deals and the ported LT4 on this engine actually beat the other two manifolds. They just kind of got LTx'd out but were happy with the results but had hoped the Edelbrock would make more than this particular one did. Still they put a lot of work into testing all these manifolds and were very burned out. Through a 6spd this engine would have been scary on the numbers probably but alas it was an auto.

Hopefully when I return from Seattle I can get that file and post it just for reference but again every combination is different and Chris is only selling this shortblock although he can have us make it with pistons for any heads and compression.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look forward to seeing the info, combo sounds like it works and thats what LTx guys need.

Tony.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by racer7088

Not so intersted in the power adder stuff really but the NA stuff is interesting although the only fast NA LTx guy I used to know was Joe Overton and he was running low 9s which was about the fastest anyone ran at that time. I'd like to see what is fastest now.

http://advancedinduction.com/AiHome.htm

This is the fastest current NA LT1 I know of, heavy, heads are true LT1 offerings, pump gas stacked against it but it still does OK.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it so fast it's a secret?

Yes you sure are spending alot of time defending yourself with secret customers and 80 engines to build..... I think you need to get back to work now.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow. Some of you guys just have to keep bickering, huh?

This thread was started in a way that was not ideal, I agree. SS RRR was asking for results to back up the claims....nothing wrong with that at all.

Back in 2001 when I wanted a 500rwhp LT1 stroker, I didn't listen to everyone and their buddy on the internet for the latest round of regurgitated information. I found the guys that actually OWNED them and started to talk to them. A year later I had a 490rwhp M6 street car that I really enjoyed. There is nothing wrong with SS RRR trying to seek out the real life results (track/dyno) of the build(s) in question. That is the only way people can build these engines.

Again, this "mystical" 500rwhp mark is not difficult with the right parts. Additionally, the "right" parts don't even have to be that expensive.

4xx cubic inch LT1's are not new. They have been built for over a decade now. My whole issue with this thread is not the subject matter, but a few people and their negative opinions on OTHER peoples viewpoint/setup.

mdacton, you may have a fast car, but you don't have to act like you look down on everyone that has a different setup than you.

Z-RATED94, why do you continue to pick on SS RRR's setup? I guess you would be slandering my solid roller 396 that went 12.0@120 the first time I went to the track with it? We both know that it's alot easier to get a good ET with an auto car....and you can get away with alot more on the stock rear end. For the M6 guys, it takes more time and usually a little money. Once I had a little more seat time and better weather, my car went 11.3@126 on motor with no other mechanical changes.

racer7088, Erik, welcome to the LT1 section where it's like CNN vs. Fox news! Thanks for being patient and thorough to answer the questions/comments. Alot of people on here know that you build great engines, but some are not familiar with your history. I look forward to having you build a LT1 for me someday.

I may lock this thread and talk to Chris about starting another one that is more tangible.

We are all LT1 guys here....no one is better than another.

Jason
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Launching!

The biggest problem is those asking and demanding results are not even interested in buying the said product.

Ya it would be 100 times better if blanco posted a dyno or just simply said with the right top end u can build over 500 rwhp easy.

Regardless its not like these retards asking for proof are going to buy it, even if the proof was here.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mdacton
Yes you sure are spending alot of time defending yourself with secret customers and 80 engines to build..... I think you need to get back to work now.
Somehow I didn't think we would ever be hearing about any real numbers from you but not everyone is as fast as they think they are or would like to be so just keep on working and you will get there someday. It doesn't take me much time at all to type up a reply to you either so I can spare the time. 95 percent of my customers are not secret but the results they have are their own and I don't post them up really on my own because I don't really do that sort of thing and we don't need more people calling right now anyway. I usually deal with the shops most of the time since it's much easier.

You can find out who our customers are pretty easily that's for sure and I don't need to defend myself whatsoever. You on the other hand seem to be all about needing numbers to even talk about a shortblock Chris is offering to these people but you don't seem to be able to say just how fast or slow your own car is? It should be really fast since it seems to be a dedicated drag car? What's keeping you from telling me how fast it really is or what it dynoed at? I don't have any secrets and I really do have 80 engines to do even if that makes you angry so sorry.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JasonShort

This thread was started in a way that was not ideal, I agree. SS RRR was asking for results to back up the claims....nothing wrong with that at all.

Back in 2001 when I wanted a 500rwhp LT1 stroker, I didn't listen to everyone and their buddy on the internet for the latest round of regurgitated information. I found the guys that actually OWNED them and started to talk to them. A year later I had a 490rwhp M6 street car that I really enjoyed. There is nothing wrong with SS RRR trying to seek out the real life results (track/dyno) of the build(s) in question. That is the only way people can build these engines.

Again, this "mystical" 500rwhp mark is not difficult with the right parts. Additionally, the "right" parts don't even have to be that expensive.

4xx cubic inch LT1's are not new. They have been built for over a decade now. My whole issue with this thread is not the subject matter, but a few people and their negative opinions on OTHER peoples viewpoint/setup.

mdacton, you may have a fast car, but you don't have to act like you look down on everyone that has a different setup than you.

Z-RATED94, why do you continue to pick on SS RRR's setup? I guess you would be slandering my solid roller 396 that went 12.0@120 the first time I went to the track with it? We both know that it's alot easier to get a good ET with an auto car....and you can get away with alot more on the stock rear end. For the M6 guys, it takes more time and usually a little money. Once I had a little more seat time and better weather, my car went 11.3@126 on motor with no other mechanical changes.

racer7088, Erik, welcome to the LT1 section where it's like CNN vs. Fox news! Thanks for being patient and thorough to answer the questions/comments. Alot of people on here know that you build great engines, but some are not familiar with your history. I look forward to having you build a LT1 for me someday.

I may lock this thread and talk to Chris about starting another one that is more tangible.

Jason
I agree with everything you said. I don't think this thread is that bad either as I understand people being sceptical including even mdacton about any particular power numbers but in this case that's really not relevant to the shortblock Chris is selling so that is what is silly about this thread. I don't need you to close it or anything but if he wants to I don't care.

I will have to go by and get that printout myself to be able to print even that one up. Since I don't try and push stuff myself much anymore I really don't ever post results of stuff myself much anyway but I think I will start keeping a file with the stuff that's better just for this sort of thing. Some people would be shocked as to how little of the real world actually is posted on the net.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Look forward to seeing the info, combo sounds like it works and thats what LTx guys need.

Tony.
This particular 500+ RWHP deal is probably not that marketable as it was pretty pricy but there are always other options and the main enabler for better hp is the much improved 23 degree LTx heads coming out. AI for one has some nice stuff I am seeing on their website and I have some cnc TFS and DART and AFR stuff as well that is much bigger than the older stuff and will make much more power.

We routinely run 2.200 valved 290+cc 400+ CFM stuff on the LS1 side and they run great on even the most tame street cars. The 23 degree stuff is not even in the same universe but it's about to get much closer here on a much easier to get mass produced basis and soon. I've been hounding these guys for some real 23 degree heads for years now for the LTx people and it's happening slowly but surely.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Some people would be shocked as to how little of the real world actually is posted on the net.
Believe you meant to say "Most" Keep up the good work

Last edited by ScrapSilicon; 07-03-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: dblf'd coding [I][/I]
Old 07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who gives a crap about a 408" The Dart block will be out real soon and everyone will be making over 500rwhp with a 427+ CI LT1

*edited for profanity

Last edited by JasonShort; 07-03-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pyro719
Who gives a crap about a 408" The Dart block will be out real soon and everyone will be making over 500rwhp with a 427+ CI LT1
Still in the same boat as this discussion, your not making **** for power unless you feed it with a good head.

Last edited by JasonShort; 07-03-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pyro719
I hope the DART really comes out but in this economy it might not come out as fast as we would like. That block allows for more bore of course so hopefully it really happens. We have been waiting for that a loooonnnnggg time. I'd do a 434 -440 probably on that block at 4.155-4.185 bore.

Last edited by JasonShort; 07-03-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jason, no problem here with you and or any of your many builds. You don't bash people or their set-ups just for fun or for lack of something better to do. I really don't see the need for data to back up what people claim. You either believe them or you don't. It's not like it wouldn't be easy just to take a different dyno sheet or time slip and pass it off as your own. Just cause it's posted up here doesn't make it fool proof, so what's the point?
The few instigators here really don't have anything worth while to brag about so why the need to be an internet bully? Do that do that face to face? I think not. I understand where I'm at in the pecking order of things and I'm fine with that, maybe a few others could do the same. I will not question SS RRRs lack of performance further, but I guarantee you, he will not stop harassing others builds or claims.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I am now corresponding with some of the site administrators on how to go about warning some of the trouble makers here. We won't allow it anymore. No one can make a post about cylinder heads or any other naturally aspriated question without a huge ordeal.

I appreciate those who are staying constructive

Jason
Old 07-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I will not question SS RRRs lack of performance further, but I guarantee you, he will not stop harassing others builds or claims.
You are truly an idiot. So asking for a dyno sheet or time slip is now harassment according to you? I ask for these things from a sponsor of this site. If they want to lie and post false information then the truth will come out sooner or later. It has happened before in the past and present and it will happen again. I trust people who pay money to be sponsors are usually straight forward enough to be honest with results. Something is better than nothing and your line of "what the point" logic may suit the shallow minded, but I'd like to take it one step further to see if the proof is available. You being you, and not being able to understand and blind with emotion resort to whining and trying to twist the topic about my build as if I stated this was not possible.... Pathetic. Do you feel like you accomplished anything?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonShort

Jason
Did you pull the short straw to have to baby sit the LTX section?

Seriously though, we are all supposed to be helping each other keep the LTX scene rolling. Just a few years ago this platform was DEAD and nothing new was being released or developed. We should be very happy companies like Dart, HKE, AFR, TFS, AI, LE - heck, even Edlebrock have all been making new parts to give a much needed boost to the platform. Even if they don't perform as expected(I'm looking at you, Air Gap), in a way "Any publicity is good publicity" to keep the LTXs in the publics eye and gain more supporters.

Can't we all just get along?!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Puck
Did you pull the short straw to have to baby sit the LTX section?

Seriously though, we are all supposed to be helping each other keep the LTX scene rolling. Just a few years ago this platform was DEAD and nothing new was being released or developed. We should be very happy companies like Dart, HKE, AFR, TFS, AI, LE - heck, even Edlebrock have all been making new parts to give a much needed boost to the platform. Even if they don't perform as expected(I'm looking at you, Air Gap), in a way "Any publicity is good publicity" to keep the LTXs in the publics eye and gain more supporters.

Can't we all just get along?!
x infinity
Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SSRRR should be banned, he doesnt have anything usefull to offer the site and starts fights in every thread. He doesnt even have a car that runs, yet is the know all of LT1s without anything to back up the knowledge.
SSRRR Your a loser and a POS!!!!!
I will take a ban or whatever if im being out of line. He is the reason the LTx section has so many fights its stupid. The entire site would benfit more without him.

I feel bad for the sponsors and members that I beleive have put work and money into the site and the LT1 and are dissrespected by a him on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: Introducing our 408 LT1 short block