LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

well thanks guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess i shouldve threw in at the bottom that i was being a sarcastic assssssshole!!! hey did you ever get your car back together from that nasty accident at the track??
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
i guess i shouldve threw in at the bottom that i was being a sarcastic assssssshole!!! hey did you ever get your car back together from that nasty accident at the track??
So what's up with the 500rwhp build??? Have you bought any new parts yet?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
What's with all the hatin? I want to see this 500 hp LT1. Nothin wrong with that.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Demon 383
So what's up with the 500rwhp build??? Have you bought any new parts yet?
hahaha no not yet. itll prolly be atleast a month or two before i start buying anything. i just dont know what to do cause im getting alot of mixed anwsers from people. first things first is i have to get my block checked out. when i snapped my crank i need to make sure nothing happened to it cause if it did then im on a hunt to find a new block or to say to hell with it and start saving for a vette. my plans were stuck between either a vette or a 500 HP LT1
Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

sorry, I hate to do it but I've gotta be a hater here too, 500 NA rwhp is possible im sure but I doubt he can pull it off just look at his mph from his 383, talk about an under performer. but $100 bucks says he never starts the build anyways and 'starts saving for a vette'.
and 1slo1 why do you have your phone # in your sig?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

oooook ill start by defending myself. why dont you ask what is done to the 383 before you knock it. its a 383 with a LT4 hotcam, stock heads, stock intake, stock TB, pacesetter Midtubes, that was run with a t-56 and an open rear from a V6 camaro cause i never got to swap the rear over. it was a pretty basic stock motor minus a bore and stroke. and the number in there is for my buddy Rob at Modular Turbo and you wanna make that 100 dollar bet? im to the point i wanna build this motor just for the simple fact cause i have soooo many people telling me it cant happen
Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

building this 500 rwhp "monster" just cuz a bunch of people on the internet say you can't sounds lame. hope you know what you're getting into budget wise for this build.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol calm down. im obviously building it cause i want one!!!!! lmao and i really wanna be able to say i built a 500 HP one reason that is fueling my fire is everyone saying it cant be done and ****.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I think you should just stick with your 305 vert. No offense, but I don't think any of this is going beyond the "I'M DREAMING" stage.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, I have a hard time reading sarcasm online, sorry.

Sadly I just recently got the new clutch in and now that that's done I'm going to be camming it. You have a crazy memory though, that was almost a year ago.

As for the original topic. I think it would be much easier and you would be much happier if you atleast had some major work done to the stock heads. I'm not saying buy a aftermarket head, but send your heads out to AI or LE for some work. There's no point in not doing this when the option is available.

Edit - I'm hoping you were talking about my "accident" at the track. Which really wasn't too much of an accident - my clutch just burned completely out and I had to be pushed out of the staging lines (pretty embarrassing).
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Personally, I think you should just stick with your 305 vert. No offense, but I don't think any of this is going beyond the "I'M DREAMING" stage.
welp we all have our opinions, so i will respect that, but if you want to jump in on the 100$ bet its not gonna happen hell two people thatll pickup a good used 58MM TB. hell anyone else wanna jump in on this bet? itll help with the build haha
Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Counted Out
Haha, I have a hard time reading sarcasm online, sorry.

Sadly I just recently got the new clutch in and now that that's done I'm going to be camming it. You have a crazy memory though, that was almost a year ago.

As for the original topic. I think it would be much easier and you would be much happier if you atleast had some major work done to the stock heads. I'm not saying buy a aftermarket head, but send your heads out to AI or LE for some work. There's no point in not doing this when the option is available.

Edit - I'm hoping you were talking about my "accident" at the track. Which really wasn't too much of an accident - my clutch just burned completely out and I had to be pushed out of the staging lines (pretty embarrassing) .
well i remembered that, but didnt right before LTx shootout didnt some diesel plow into the side of you? or am i getting that night confused with someone else.

And with the heads, yea ive looked around my damn phone broke the other night so im waiting on that to come in before i can start making calls to figure numbers. the way it sits ive got 1000-1300 in block work, 1200 in custom grind cam with valvetrain. and about 2000-2300 for forged Rotating ***. then it goes to bolt ons, ima run my MSD optijunk (already have) Holley 58MM 200-250 used/500 new. A/C Delete 30 bucks. or the alt. relocat kit for like 400. Pacesetter LTs. ORY elect cutout with stock exhaust. to muffle everything untill i open the cutout. 600-750 plugs and wires 150. Elect WP. 150-300. injectors (unsure of size yet)-200.

so right now just a little more educated guess for my budget is gonna be roughly 5500-6800. just with the few figures ive threw in. thats not counting a tune or any tranny, rear, suspen, or gauges just motor hard parts alone. when i get my phone, im going to start making the numbers a little more solid and once i figure exactly what cam im using the heads pistons yada yada yada. i can start ordering things.

There is no need to rush any of this. the car world will still be going in a few years and the whole time im building this ill have people saying im gonna give up and quit or it cant be done so you all can say what you want right now. im just still curious if anyone out there has any advice that i could consider while building this thing

BTW Sorry for rambling on. its wed morning and i just walked into work. trying to get woken up a lil bit haha
Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 294 Likes on 222 Posts

well i remembered that, but didnt right before LTx shootout didnt some diesel plow into the side of you? or am i getting that night confused with someone else.
That was Tony Shepard.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a buddy that works in a turbo shop, why not work something out with him?
It would be more fun, but that is just my opinion.

I can't wait to turbo something some day, I always got a kick out of driving a friends turbo car, and it was just a Civic.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_merv
That was Tony Shepard.

O **** my bad. i just remember the Avatar and for some reason i thought it was him.

Originally Posted by camar0corey
If you have a buddy that works in a turbo shop, why not work something out with him?
It would be more fun, but that is just my opinion.

I can't wait to turbo something some day, I always got a kick out of driving a friends turbo car, and it was just a Civic.

And the whole reason of doing this build is a 500 HP NATURALLY ASPIRATED LT1. other then that i would take a bone stock lt1 slap a GT35R on it and run 6s in the quarter and blow it up on the first pass. then rebuild it to handle the boost lmao. JP on the whole 6s in the 1/4 i know some people will think im being serious. haha. but my goal right now is 500 N/a and low 10s after that i might talk to him about boost. and i agree i drive my buddies sti every once and while he just put down 351 and something like 330 tq. or something im not sure but shell hold her own on the street and strip lol
Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

:l ock::loc k:

Quick Reply: well thanks guys