LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MAF sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF sensor

My car was running fine, but i had a small tare in the boot going from my MAF to my throttle body. i took it all apart, fixed the boot(or thought so) and hooked everything back up, and the car will run and die after about a second or two. today i borrowed a new acdelco MAF and brought it home to try it out and it still does the same thing. If you unplug the MAF the car will start right up, and idle at about 1800 rpms or so, im guessing this is a default setting? now when i try to plug the maf back in it will stall the car right out.

any thoughts? am i still sucking in air between the maf and the throttle body?

thanks guys
Old 08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by iroc1793
My car was running fine, but i had a small tare in the boot going from my MAF to my throttle body. i took it all apart, fixed the boot(or thought so) and hooked everything back up, and the car will run and die after about a second or two. today i borrowed a new acdelco MAF and brought it home to try it out and it still does the same thing. If you unplug the MAF the car will start right up, and idle at about 1800 rpms or so, im guessing this is a default setting? now when i try to plug the maf back in it will stall the car right out.

any thoughts? am i still sucking in air between the maf and the throttle body?

thanks guys
Yes, you have a massive vacuum leak somewhere. That's why it is idling at 1800 rpm. Otherwise it would be around normal idle with the MAF unplugged.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Yes, you have a massive vacuum leak somewhere. That's why it is idling at 1800 rpm. Otherwise it would be around normal idle with the MAF unplugged.

alright thanks, ill be doube/triple checking everything. hope its something stupid

Quick Reply: MAF sensor