LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New to LT1 Fam

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LT1 Fam

Well I sold my LS1 Trans Am, and I could not wait a ******* day till I had to bring my *** in a F-Body. So I decided to buy a 93 Camaro z28. Anyway, I know I'm in a different world than my LS1. And so far its pretty nice. Completely stock, except for a CD player. I got it with 162k on the clock. Runs hard and strong, shifts fine. Rear end whines, so I will get it swapped out. I ******* paid $1,000 for it. No ******* lie. Clean *** interior. Some little **** that has to be fixed, but nothing major yet.

Quick questions on problems.

1.) While driving very rarely, it seems like it it have no gas. I can have my foot all the way down, and it will rev up, then for a quick moment just stop, then get back in it. The guy said it might be fuel injectors that are dirty. What do you guys think?

2.) The coolant level will reach to redline, but no problems or any leaks. He said it does that since he had it, but never any problems. It shows low coolant level but coolant is full. It might be connected , it may not be????

I drove it for maybe 200 miles today and nothing.

Those are the only things that are known/present at the time.

But most of all I thought I was gonna get a ******* civic, and I found this. It may have alot on the clock, but this is a pretty nice deal
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

check your fuel pressure, fuel pump seems more likely than injectors and the low coolant light is always on those sensors go out pretty frequently and they are like 50 bucks so I just deal with the light.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just re read the post and what do you mean by coolant level reaches the redline? You are not talking about coolant temp at red line are you? I hope not
Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
I just re read the post and what do you mean by coolant level reaches the redline? You are not talking about coolant temp at red line are you? I hope not
Yeah the coolant temp at redline.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would get your cooling issues figured out before you drive it, may have a stuck thermostat, air bubble in the block if it has been recently filled and not properly bled, or perhaps a bad coolant temp sensor. Either way redlining your coolant temp with aluminum heads is not a good idea
Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nalmak
Well I sold my LS1 Trans Am, and I could not wait a ******* day till I had to bring my *** in a F-Body. So I decided to buy a 93 Camaro z28. Anyway, I know I'm in a different world than my LS1. And so far its pretty nice. Completely stock, except for a CD player. I got it with 162k on the clock. Runs hard and strong, shifts fine. Rear end whines, so I will get it swapped out. I ******* paid $1,000 for it. No ******* lie. Clean *** interior. Some little **** that has to be fixed, but nothing major yet.

1.) While driving very rarely, it seems like it it have no gas. I can have my foot all the way down, and it will rev up, then for a quick moment just stop, then get back in it. The guy said it might be fuel injectors that are dirty. What do you guys think?

2.) The coolant level will reach to redline, but no problems or any leaks. He said it does that since he had it, but never any problems. It shows low coolant level but coolant is full. It might be connected , it may not be????

But most of all I thought I was gonna get a ******* civic, and I found this. It may have alot on the clock, but this is a pretty nice deal
What's up man. You know all you have to do is bring that car down to Fullerton and I can check/fix anything on that car...
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
What's up man. You know all you have to do is bring that car down to Fullerton and I can check/fix anything on that car...
SRJ, I knew you would show up on the thread. LOL. You know I will. I like LT1'S.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

SRJ, I knew you would show up on the thread. LOL. You know I will. I like LT1'S.
Let me know when you want me to check it out. I'll help you make that thing faster than your old car. Than you might be able to beat me.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
I would get your cooling issues figured out before you drive it, may have a stuck thermostat, air bubble in the block if it has been recently filled and not properly bled, or perhaps a bad coolant temp sensor. Either way redlining your coolant temp with aluminum heads is not a good idea
That's what I thought at first. I'll go ahead and change that out tommorow, and fix the air pockets if it has it. That was my main concern

With the fuel injectors, I put some lucas in the gas tank and it cleared it up. Not 100%, but far less than when I first drove it.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the LT1 world. The low coolant light is a common problem.

Need to get some pictures.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Let me know when you want me to check it out. I'll help you make that thing faster than your old car. Than you might be able to beat me.
We never raced after my H/C/E setup. You got me the first time though. I was like WTF!!.

It would have been a good race, I dusted most of the LS1 around here, to the point I dont even race anymore. I just say "thanks"
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sabaktes
Welcome to the LT1 world. The low coolant light is a common problem.

Need to get some pictures.
Pics will go up in the morning when light is present. The interior is soo goddamn nice. Better than my LS1.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check fuel pump or even the fuel filter. Definitely don't drive it with the coolant hitting the redline.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Launching!

new to the lt1 world get out quick!!! lol
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Ok did the Tranny fluid, oil, fuel filter, diff fluid, and thermostat. Still gets pretty high in temps. Not as high as first though. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Coolant temp sensor
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Fuc*ing family
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Welcome to the Fuc*ing family
Lol...fckn a.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

f*ck yeah!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 PM