LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Computer

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer

can you put a computer from a 1996 a4 z28 to a 1995 m6 z28?

the guy with the 1996 z26 is selling it for $65 with a pcmforless tune on it and his car has all of the same stuff mine has but his car is auto and mines not will it work
Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

You would have to make sure the 95 is OBDII compliant first.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by derekderek
You would have to make sure the 95 is OBDII compliant first.
Well, it's not and ain't gonna be.

RED PUNISHER Z, you would still need to have it flashed with a manual tune and deal with the mismatched knock sensor issue and all the OBD-II things it will be looking for on your car that you won't have. It's going to cost you more than $65 in the long run.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by shbox
Well, it's not and ain't gonna be.

RED PUNISHER Z, you would still need to have it flashed with a manual tune and deal with the mismatched knock sensor issue and all the OBD-II things it will be looking for on your car that you won't have. It's going to cost you more than $65 in the long run.
I could swear some of the later 95's did come OBDII but kept the OBDI plug. I am pretty positive I have a friend who has a 95 that I am pretty sure it is OBDII because I scanned it once for him or I could just be losing my mind who knows.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

so can it be a plug and play deal or what do i have to do to make it work ....i dont need the comp but i just want it for the tune it has on it to help out my car
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by RED PUNISHER Z
so can it be a plug and play deal or what do i have to do to make it work ....i dont need the comp but i just want it for the tune it has on it to help out my car
As already stated you would need an OBDII knock SENSOR (not module) as well as having to deal with trouble codes for missing sensors like the crank position sensor which OBDI does not have. Because it's an auto your reverse lockout solenoid will not work so if you are power shifting gears going from 2nd to 3rd and miss, it may get a little ugly.

Originally Posted by derekderek
I could swear some of the later 95's did come OBDII but kept the OBDI plug. I am pretty positive I have a friend who has a 95 that I am pretty sure it is OBDII because I scanned it once for him or I could just be losing my mind who knows.
OBDII did not come out until 1996 for all makes/models. Your friend may have an OBDII data port, but it is definitely OBDI unless aftermarket changes were made.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

OBDII did not come out until 1996 for all makes/models. Your friend may have an OBDII data port, but it is definitely OBDI unless aftermarket changes were made.

Thats what it was it had the OBDII data port but was still OBDI sorry had it backwards. Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Computer