LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A few snags with my Racetronix pump install, little help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A few snags with my Racetronix pump install, little help?

While prepping the bucket and getting ready to install the pump I ran into two problems.

The small fuel filter sock that is attatched to the bucket top was brittle and ripped. Anyone know where I can find one?

Also one of the lines coming off the bucket ripped while removing from a hard line. Can I just use some normal fuel hose since it is not under pressure?

Pics are not my car, just reference to show the parts I need.
Attached Thumbnails A few snags with my Racetronix pump install, little help?-sock.jpg   A few snags with my Racetronix pump install, little help?-fp.jpg  
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its been a while since i did mine, but that sock i think i left it off. i could not find one to replace it with out buying the whole assembly. and the fuel line, u should be able to use normal fuel line to fix that. i would just leave the ripped sock filter on and not worry bout it. did u also get the upgraded harness to supply more fuel under WOT? that was a good investment to me. im glad i bought it.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I think I will just leave it off. It appears to be the return line. There really shouldn't be any issue with it since its should be nothing but clean fuel correct?

I did not get the harness yet. Unfortunately my stocker went out at a pretty rough time for me. A local vendor stocks them. I will pick it up when I have a few extra $$$ laying around. Had it on my last car though and I'm sold.

Quick Reply: A few snags with my Racetronix pump install, little help?