LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Maybe a bad injector or plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maybe a bad injector or plug

Hey guys I had an earlier post and decided to make a new one with the new problem. Anyways I got my car to fire up but its running on less that 8 cylinders. I know for sure that cylinder 5 is not firing. So this weekend I am going to check the brand new plug. It could have been foulded right away since the old ones were covered in fuel from the car not starting up right away and me trying to get it to fire. So I am posting up a video from the inside of the car. I was alone and it wants to stall some since the idle is set low. What do you guys think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlbg...eature=channel
Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

So came home today and tired some stuff. Played with the injector harness and cylinders 5 & 8 were not firing. So I took the fuel rail off and checked the injectors and replaced the o-rings. They looked very clean. However now its running on even less cylinders. My list of non firing cylinders is 1,3,4,5,7. However 8 is now working wtf? I did not change the injectors around at all. They way I was testing was to have the car running and remove the plug on an injector. If nothing changed I would say its not working. If something did change its giving fuel. Since when I pulled 8 off the cars idle dropped and wanted to stall even more than before. Any other ones the choppy idle at a nice 500 rpm. Nothing else changed. Any ideas? Also pulled the number 5 and 8 spark plugs and they looked brand new. So I do not know if that is normal or if they are supposed to look like the have fired even after 1 or 2 mins of running.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be getting a injector test light, you plug it into the harness itself and check to make sure your getting a signal to the plug itself.. Once you've verified your not getting power then you need to start back tracking from there and checking grounds and possible the computer itself.. Hope this helps...
Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

might do that and get fuel pressure gauge. Might also take a timing light on to each plug and make sure I am getting spark