LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Trans issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans issues

I started the tear down today! It took 3 hrs to pull the trans out of the car............way to long! the f#$@*ng thing was stuck cause of the shift fork. Not to mention the guy before me welded the whole exhaust in. What a dumbass! I will pull the motor tomorrow. I hope it goes smoother than the tranny pull.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FLORIO1STFORM
I started the tear down today! It took 3 hrs to pull the trans out of the car............way to long! the f#$@*ng thing was stuck cause of the shift fork. Not to mention the guy before me welded the whole exhaust in. What a dumbass! I will pull the motor tomorrow. I hope it goes smoother than the tranny pull.
Just curious, but why didn't you pull the motor/trans out the bottom? In 3 hours you could have both the motor AND transmission out.

http://www.michiganspeed.com/enginepull/index.html
Old 09-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans issues

I thought it would of been easier the other way! besides I am having a bitch of a time getting the harness out from the rear of the intake. I just was overwelmed with undoing things. Maybe next time. Besides alot of things needed to be cleaned under there. It looks like the output shaft seal on the tail shaft was leaking and there is dirt caked all under the bottom of the car.