LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need your guys opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your guys opinion

need help deciding what to do, im 18 in college right now, only work in the summer, but my lt1 has a little over 125,xxx miles and the rear main seal is leaking(not to bad but it bothers me). what should i do spend the money to pull my motor and rebuild it with a ai setup or should i just replace the seal, put some headers on it, and run it for a couple more years, by the way its my daily driver.
or should i put the money into bagging and body dropping my 84 s10 (lol you guys prolly wont like that idea)
thanks for the input though im kinda stuck on what to do
Chris
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Just put a new seal in it. Save up some cash and decide what you want to do. Speaking from experience, two things you don't do 1) Hot rod your daily driver, always have a DD and then your toy. 2) Don't have more than one project. finish one at a time. If you get into a bunch with your lt1, you wont have the coin to mess with the S10. And don't try to say "It's just headers" because when the bug bites, you get the itch bad and you'll never stop messing with it. My advice is to get something good on gas, reliable, and comfortable then work on your toys. If it breaks you can still get from A to B. I'll get off my soapbox now, good luck and I wish you well.