LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I bought my old 93 Z28 back, now it needs some TLC

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to save a bit of weight without spending money, I've heard of people removing the stock sound deadener attached to the carpet for a few extra pounds saved.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea, if yur not too worried about exhaust drone i'd go for it...my buddy's 94 TA had a stripped interior and with his LMI setup with a cutout...it was almost unbearable...lol

these hatch backs are like megaphones!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool project!!!! A guy down the street owns my first Lt1 and I want it back.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck. youre already on your way. i wish i could find my 94 ta gt. man i loved that car.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Cool project!!!! A guy down the street owns my first Lt1 and I want it back.
That has to be horrible! Seeing your old car everyday! lol, I would go offer money.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty cool thread, a lot of guys wish they had their first cars back or have seen their first cars trashed after they sold them. It always amazes me how fast some one can turn a nice car to complete **** in such a short amount of time.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the thing behind the driver's side back seat is the distribution block for the fuel pump wiring I believe
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Sweet deal! PPM is a nice color too, especially for a 93 (which is the BEST year LT1 - FACT!! LOL) Is hard to believe someone could eff it up in 2.5 yrs like that, but not everyone is nice to thier cars..

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Pretty cool thread, a lot of guys wish they had their first cars back or have seen their first cars trashed after they sold them. It always amazes me how fast some one can turn a nice car to complete **** in such a short amount of time.
My first car was a 1980 Chevette, 2door Auto, POS!! I sold it to my neighbor who wrecked in in a week. I didnt acually care though.. it was a Chevette afterall
Old 10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Sometimes I wonder where my first car went, 86 Camaro, ttops, 2.8 with a five speed. Then I think about how much rust was eating at the insides of every body panel and how hard I was on it.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Nice project!

MOAR PICS OF GIRL!!! she is smokin!!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nik1703
Nice project!

MOAR PICS OF GIRL!!! she is smokin!!
PM him lol or start a new thread!

jk but really lol

Thanks everyone, the bumpers will be next to come off after i get the interior back together. Which will be tomorrow night.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Yup, I still have my first real car...my 95 formula I've had since I was 17...(Im 20 now)...I don't think I'll ever get rid of it...I'll probably buy additional cars, but never sell this one...too many memories.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 86formula
oh noes!!!! not another PPM! im glad your fixing it up, i know i kid whos dad just wrecked his
Whats a PPM? lol
Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Purple pearl metallic, the sexy color of the cars posted in this thread.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a post started in another thread.....

Well I have come full circle. After 14 years I got my old car back so now it's time to bring her back. Sold it with 13K miles, got her back with 132K and a blown head gasket.

So here's the plan..... two tone (candy/Black paint) 18" wheels, leather interior, and for the best part.....staying true to the car, new LT1 with 227 crane cam, LE1 heads, 1.6RR, Long tube headers, ORY, cut out, 6lbs powerdyne, and a 3000 stall on the stock 3.23. I have already started pulling her apart.

Quick story, First and foremost I grew up extremely poor and when most kids had Ferrari and Lambo posters on their walls I had thoughts of second generation Camaro's in my head. When I first saw the car I needed to have it, but my credit was a mess (20 years old and a pocket full of credit cards) so I could not qualify for the loan. My girlfriend at the time stepped up and bought me the car. I had it about a year and had to sell it because the new job demanded I had a 4 door car. That was a sad day to say the least and I said "some day I will buy you back" (knowing it was just a pipe dream) We'll the other day when I was disconnecting the wires from under the dash I found an old stack of business cards from the job I had, that forced me to sell the car, (left that company 12 years ago). Well the girlfriend that bought me the car is now my wife of nearly 13 years and the profession I followed made me a wealthy man.....and now I got my car back! Funny thing is the kids I never thought I would have can help me rebuild my childhood dream. Life is grand!

Just an FYI it is a 1994 Z28, T-tops, auto with 3.23 gears.

So where almost brothers!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

What ever you do, do not get the cheap ebay remanufactured body parts! My front clip and fender fit like **** and it took a ton of work just to get it right. I would also suggest a fiberglass filler over a "bondo" type.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matts94Z28
What ever you do, do not get the cheap ebay remanufactured body parts! My front clip and fender fit like **** and it took a ton of work just to get it right. I would also suggest a fiberglass filler over a "bondo" type.

Yes, I won't need to replace any bumpers or fenders, or any other body panels (except for the hood). Also, I plan on using the fiberglass, its much better stuff. Bondo cracks much easier.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fuzzyjk

Well I have come full circle. After 14 years I got my old car back so now it's time to bring her back. Sold it with 13K miles, got her back with 132K and a blown head gasket.

So here's the plan..... two tone (candy/Black paint) 18" wheels, leather interior, and for the best part.....staying true to the car, new LT1 with 227 crane cam, LE1 heads, 1.6RR, Long tube headers, ORY, cut out, 6lbs powerdyne, and a 3000 stall on the stock 3.23. I have already started pulling her apart.

Quick story, First and foremost I grew up extremely poor and when most kids had Ferrari and Lambo posters on their walls I had thoughts of second generation Camaro's in my head. When I first saw the car I needed to have it, but my credit was a mess (20 years old and a pocket full of credit cards) so I could not qualify for the loan. My girlfriend at the time stepped up and bought me the car. I had it about a year and had to sell it because the new job demanded I had a 4 door car. That was a sad day to say the least and I said "some day I will buy you back" (knowing it was just a pipe dream) We'll the other day when I was disconnecting the wires from under the dash I found an old stack of business cards from the job I had, that forced me to sell the car, (left that company 12 years ago). Well the girlfriend that bought me the car is now my wife of nearly 13 years and the profession I followed made me a wealthy man.....and now I got my car back! Funny thing is the kids I never thought I would have can help me rebuild my childhood dream. Life is grand!

WOW! that is quite a story...that's a ******' country song music video right there! haha... very very cool stuff...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 AM
TECH Junkie

I had a PPM... now it's a stripped roller at a friend's house.. I'm almost considering restoring it. I love the color.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzyjk

What profession required a 4 door car and made you wealthy?

Sound like my job, only Im in the starving / poor part of it right now lol.

Quick Reply: I bought my old 93 Z28 back, now it needs some TLC