LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wideband o2 question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wideband o2 question.

i am looking at the fast dual sensor setup that comes with the handheld unit that does log and can be uploaded to a laptop. it costs 430.
on the other hand i see alot of guys are running the lc1. if you get the kit it comes up to 230. with one sensor and a gauge. it also logs but you cant see it in real time. after your run you upload it. i know you can hook it up to a laptop but i need my only serial connection to watch free scan/datamaster info. is it over kill to run 2 widebands? of course one in each bank for those wondering. just looking for input on the ups and downs on both sides from people using them. thanks for any infomation you guys can offer.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, if cost isn't a concern - go for it. I thought it'd be sweet to be able to see wideband differences between the two banks - gives you a lot better view of how each bank is burning the fuel.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what i was thinking also. i can see one bank running leaner right now due to header temps and i have checked everthing. even keeping it in open loop to keep the o2s out of it.