LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to you think legit or scam?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What to you think legit or scam?

I purchase a Supercharger on eBay on Tuesday of last week. After I purchased it I got a “requested money” e-mail from paypal. When I went to paypal to pay it said “canceled”. I e-mailed him through eBay and asked him what was up. He said his paypal account info had been stolen and that he was going to send me another request for money from his wife’s account. Sure enough I get another request but the owner of this paypal account is a guy’s name. When I question the seller on this he said it was his brother’s account and that he would cancel it and send me the request through his wife’s account. Well now 4 days had gone by and I was feeling real uncomfortable about this whole transaction so I went snooping on the internet. I found the same photo he used here on this website, as well as a Craiglist ad out of Arizona. (He said he was from Florida)

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/1374676337.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250508950187

I told him I needed photos of the actual supercharge before I send any money. He said he would. I get an eBay mail from him today saying his brother has his camera he is in the Dominican Republic for a few weeks and his wife is pregnant so they need the money a-sap. He said since she is pregnant he does not want her to open up the boxes to take photos since it might strain her. When I asked how she would get it to the post office after I paid, he said unless I send him the money ASAP he was opening a dispute with eBay.

I always pay my purchase on time but I have a bad feeling about this. He keeps saying I am covered because I am paying for an eBay item through pay pal. Am I just being over the top?

Last edited by fuzzyjk; 10-13-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

**** that guy honestly, way too sketchy of a story with pics of a kit that isn't even his

report him to ebay and paypal

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...er-1400-a.html here's the link to the ad on here, two completely different area codes, and it's sold
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure scam When they come up with so many excuses and have pics really close to something you can just google plus he is rushing you into to sending the money oh and your never covered when it comes to paypal they wont get money back for you i have heard and had happen to me once it really sucks man report that guy
Old 10-13-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on, you didn't need us to know that was all BS. Report that guy to ebay.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Report him ASAP. That is definitely a scam.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the hell you waiting for? Report him yet?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by myltwon
**** that guy honestly, way too sketchy of a story with pics of a kit that isn't even his

report him to ebay and paypal

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...er-1400-a.html here's the link to the ad on here, two completely different area codes, and it's sold
this is the guy that posted it on the craigslist ad you have on the OP just FYI
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

as in coop875 is the one from ponca city
Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

oh I just saw two different area codes and assumed

where in FL does this guy say he is?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myltwon
oh I just saw two different area codes and assumed

where in FL does this guy say he is?
My last post to him.....
I want this resolved too, please send me a few photos and I will send you the cash. As soon as the photos are sent I will paypal you right away. You want this sold, I want to buy it so lets get this done. Thx

His response post....Mr., I will tell you the real true, right now I’m in Dominican republic you can call me 829-890-6970, solving something about my work, the supercharger is in Florida and my wife too, I live there, I talked to my wife after receiving your messages requiring a few more pics, the supercharger kit is package as I left it, and my wife told me that she will not be able to take it out of that big box and pack it again as I did alone, besides she is pregned, I understand and I will not let her to do that, I need to sell the supercharger but I prefer my wife, I arrive to Florida on next week so right now I’m not able to send you more pics, I need the money and I cannot loose more time and because my family is growing up I need to get rid of a few camaro stuff, I will receive one more message from you before decide if I send a second chance offer or if I relist it, I will open a dispute and lets see what ebay decides didn’t know it will be that problematic, but I will sell it anyway, thanks for your time.

I think it is a scam but not quite sure, if I can find out were the supercharger is In Florida, can I pay someone to go look at it (just to confirm he has one at all)?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

report him to the mods aswell!
edit:after reading that I would say it is most def a scam! hes threatening not to sell it too you and open a dispute if you dont send the money ASAP, he says his wife is pregnant -to pregnant to open a damn card board box and snap a pic cause even in box pix would prob suffice yet hes not around her? BS!

Last edited by z_speedfreak; 10-13-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

I live in FL, if it's not to far away I could check it for you but most likely it's BS and the broken english in his emails doesn't help
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

screw that bs...don't buy that crap from him. Report him to ebay and next time be more careful about what you bid on!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
screw that bs...don't buy that crap from him. Report him to ebay and next time be more careful about what you bid on!
I might be wrong but didn't I buy some stuff from you????? If so I can say I am happy with it. I have purchased LE heads, cam, flex plate, Stall, 1.6rr, full gasket kit, ported intake, headers and a starter from members on this board and have not been burned. I guess I should just stay away from ebay.....well I did buy the crate motor there from a great kid that when out of his way to make sure I was happy.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

What kind of supercharger are you looking for? Im on the cape, and got a mostly complete vortech sitting next to a spare motor I probably wont end up using.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Tell him something like you'll just pick it up personally and then ask for his address.

I would def. report it to ebay. That sucks man, I have purchased a ton of stuff off ebay in the last several years. Never really had many problems until recently. Seems like there is more and more scams going around on ebay than it used to be. Good Luck.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smokeshow_2006
What kind of supercharger are you looking for? Im on the cape, and got a mostly complete vortech sitting next to a spare motor I probably wont end up using.
Details? Soon as my truck sells I might be going in this direction
Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

scam for sure and report him to paypal and ebay. Remember when you send to paypal copy and paste everything he has said to you previously and give them ur number so they can contact you. Make sure you tell them that you believe its a scam and he is threatning you to buy his item but will not give you pics. U are not sending out that much money with out seeing what your buying!!!! I bet its the same guy on here as well...He did drop that price down to $1000 report him on here too..
Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Find out where in Florida.. I'm in south florida
Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

im in the middle of florida willing to check on it. get an address

Quick Reply: What to you think legit or scam?