LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code 16 low resolution pulse. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 16 low resolution pulse. Please help.

I知 getting a Code 16 low resolution pulse from a scan I performed on my PCM. I just finished a LT1 swap into my 1965 Chevelle. I want to perform some sort of diagnostics but I知 not sure where to start. The wire harness is all plugged in. The engine starts and the car runs. It actually runs pretty good but I do notice the car losing RPM and eventually dying when I come to a stop. What is the best way to test for this error code. The opti is new and it is the vented type. The wire harness was modified to work in my Chevelle. Any suggestions?

Can I use a volt meter to test and see if the Opti is giving off low resolution pulses?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Taken from -
http://chevythunder.com/199295_lt1_trouble_codes.htm

Code 16- Low resolution pulse (distributor). ECM is not detecting the 4X pulse from distributor. Check wiring connections, especially the pigtail connector from the optispark to main wiring harness. This is the black/red wire that goes to terminal "A" on the pigtail connector. On the 1992-93 ecm, this is wire C5 (green connector). 1994-95 ecm, this is wire B2 (black connector). If wiring checks out, you will have to replace the optical sensor module in the distributor.

I dunno if a volt meter will tell you anything, perhaps there is a bad connection in the modified harness??
Old 10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

It was the pig tail wire harness. I forced the plug into the opti and pushed the connector back. I fixed it and there is no error 16 any more.

Quick Reply: Code 16 low resolution pulse. Please help.