LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Time to update the list 8SEC6SPD

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are there any lsx's 6 speeds in the 8's?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
whats true 6 speed mean, is the other car an aftermarket manual?
I believe the "fastest 6 speed" car in a 4th gen has some crazy setup where 5th and 6th gear are basically just for show, slipper clutch, etc. some trans guy explained it to me once a while ago but I forgot

Originally Posted by Black96transam
haha.. parachute isn't mounted.. and you would never run a parachute line through a trunk jam... that might be 8's in 1/8.. haha
insert foot in mouth lmfao
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 4SFEDZ
are there any lsx's 6 speeds in the 8's?
I believe the t56 rebuilds one is the fastest but isn't a true t56

EDIT: 6 speed inc like flyinZ said

Last edited by myltwon; 10-19-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: wrong guy
Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The NA part is really impressive^^^

Myltwon last part I was LMAO!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon
I believe the "fastest 6 speed" car in a 4th gen has some crazy setup where 5th and 6th gear are basically just for show, slipper clutch, etc. some trans guy explained it to me once a while ago but I forgot
I think I read in GMHTP that they are clutch-less shifts and the gears are faceplated.

That's one hell of a run though, Taner.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

i just looked in the fi and n2o sections and they were none in the 8's and only 2 in the 9's!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Who the **** are you?
no it it hould be who the f%&k are you? your mama should wash your mouth out with soap. Randy is one of my best friends. i totally understand calling bs because Randy only has like 10 posts, but damn so much anger and hostility. is it an AI customer based attitude thing or something, lmmfao!!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

bwahahahaahahahahahahahahaah
Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Black96transam
haha.. parachute isn't mounted.. and you would never run a parachute line through a trunk jam... that might be 8's in 1/8.. haha
now onto you, ya fruit.

my car is a purpose built street car. stealth is everything. the mount comes through near the top of the license plate. i notched the plate to accomodate the mount for the chute.

as far as the cable is concerned, how else would you recommend i route the cable for a street driven car? when you have a better bright idea, i am always open to intelligent constructive criticism. i am always open to trying different things. when the car is in street mode the cable is tucked in the trunk.

i am done with the ownage. the video speaks for itself.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

x2 LMAO!!!!!! Congrats Taner!!!! Thanks a ton for tryin to help with that MC line at the shootout.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:09 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Grats Taner that is movin! Makes me glad I have held onto the LT1, it just sounds soooo mean!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bad *** Taner. Congrats
Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM

ok now onto the next burning question which Tim noticed. I have to preface my next story with the fact that I am very loyal to my friends and family.

Joe and Amber do have the quickest f body with a t 56 case and some internals, ie. missing key components to actually have a t56 trans that you can shift into fifth and sixth gear and have the car move under acceleration. now i know for a fact that they never used to have 5th and 6th in the trans, then it was put back into to appease folks who didn't think it was right to lay claim to a title when you had a 4 spd T56 in the car. However 5th and 6th have not been functional for some time now. Amber told me this back when i had a ton of respect for what they had accomplished with their race car. I was always happy to send business their way, and they took care of me... here comes the but.........
early this year i mentioned to them that one of my other best friends, Bryan Harshaw (HRE) had a completely fresh Doug Nash 5 speed for sale. Brian worked out a deal to trade a 6 speed for his trans. he shipped the trans, many months and lots of excuses later the trans came back, BROKEN!!!! it cost Bryan over $900 to fix it! i forgot if Amber stuck him with the shipping bill as well!

at the same time alot of stuff unravelled on yellowbullet about alot of pissed of customers. unfortunately there appeared to be alot of other customers got railed even worse than Bryan did. i have no respect for them whatsoever.

so what is a True T56, one that has all 6 gears that work and of course a reverse gear. So i yeah i got technical and $hit. call it petty, but like i said i earlier am loyal.

if anyone follows their progress, joe put it on the bumper and came crashing down really f'n hard.....ain't karma a bitch! I hope they have to spend alot more than 900 bones to fix it!

Tim,

it went 10.49 with a 3.89 gear out back, you had better step it up because i am a coming for ya! i want the all around 6 spd title back.

there is a guy who i believe is banned from ls1 tech that did go a 8.957, but it is carbureted might as well a gen1 sbc.

Outlaw,

thanks alot i do appreciate the props! ok now...man don't worry about being first this or that, just go fast and have fun. you have built a seriously badass car! oh and for what it is worth, you can still be the first EFI LT1 auto w/nitrous into the 8's ....or will Tony get there first (yes I am being silly)

either way i guess the car is the first n20 efi'ed lt1 in the 8's, blah blah blah who cares. jsut have fun with it. I like the way chris sikora put it in his signature , first LT1 anything in the 8's lol!!! there can only be one.
the 6 speed makes it unique, and besides you guys are alot smarter than i by stabbing a TH400 in the car.

n2ocamaro,

gitter dun!

Zgobyby,

we go to milan about 8 - 10 times per year. great track. plan on going to the next no et nationals in november, goal....9.99 in full street mode. race weight is over 3700 pounds with stock wheels, and full exhaust.

marc97ws6ta,

thanks, i have been trying to make that video for some time now, lol!!!

merv,

96 ss, i hate the red/white tail lights...so i upgraded about 6 years ago
red/white should have been only on t/a's and birds. just my useless .02

bombebomb,

my experienced guess is about a gallon per pass, lol!!!!

FastFatBoy,

hmm what changed, i caved and listened to Bryan Harshaw, my engine builder and friend. i put a single plane on the car, with a throttle body on top. he has been buggin me for a couple years now to take the leap. well we did it. the "who the **** are you " guy, helped out a ton! let me see, he welded my cowl back after i trimmed it, even cursed at me after i made him box it so i could keep my wipers, gotta have wipers! he also welded up my parachute mount that was fake or something, lmao! he fixed my floor after it was torn apart, i think i made my point. lol!! the man can weld!!!

that is why my Hogan is for sale.

AChotrod,

see you in 2010 !

thanks tony and kyle. tony bring the big jets next year, the monkey is on your back, lol!!!!

Brady,

you are an f'n warrior! get better soon, or i will have to fly down and would be more than happy to row the gears in your car maybe i have some northworst points i can use.

thanks for all the positive comments. Bryan, this sunday looks good

Last edited by taner; 10-19-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Bad *** Taner. Congrats
kyle,

man, i didn't know you sold your ride! thanks anyhow, looks like u have a new toy that is all good.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

congrats Taner....you deserved it.

the next 12 months is only going to see more LTX records fall.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

x3 ahahahahahahhaa punked the f&&k out
Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by taner
Tim,

it went 10.49 with a 3.89 gear out back, you had better step it up because i am a coming for ya! i want the all around 6 spd title back.

there is a guy who i believe is banned from ls1 tech that did go a 8.957, but it is carbureted might as well a gen1 sbc.
I've stepped up..better find you another rear center section and throw some gear at that car because your gonna need 1/2 a sec. or more. I refuse to give you your title easly..your gonna have to fight for it. I did have to lower my gear some though and went back to the 4.57s. I will see how that works and go from there. I agree..you should at least have to run a computer system, if not its a sbc with a backwards cooling system.

Tim - Official member of the stock crank and kicking *** club.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
congrats Taner....you deserved it.

the next 12 months is only going to see more LTX records fall.
how is that tire holding up
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

lol...worked well...had to mount it about a week after I got home...ran over another nail.

thanks again.

Hope to get a little closer to your times on the 14th of next month....might be stepping up to the .093.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Very nice. Lotta LTX's stepping up lately. Wonder how many more years till we can have LTX and LSX shootouts merged into just F-Body shootouts again?? .

*whispers* PS: When ya gonna cave and get that TH400 lol!!!

Quick Reply: Time to update the list 8SEC6SPD