LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ai 200cc CNC H/C Dyno, A4, 425rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Yeah Thats the car I was talking about on the last page. This impy must be set on kill.
Joes car is a bigger motor, solid roller, lighter weight car with the same heads so what gives?
Originally Posted by gregrob
IIRC that was a shakedown pass for Joe, and it has yet to be dialed in. I think has WAY more in it. Not speaking for him, just saying.

You can bet that this car is dialed in to the nth degree, and the results show it. Great running car! We need video
This..
Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I think he took it to the track a couple times and and had the tune touched up. IDK I could be wrong.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually I think he took it to the track a couple times and and had the tune touched up. IDK I could be wrong.
Joe (RamAir95TA) is a good friend of mine and has only been to the track twice.

First time we went was a very humid day at Maple Grove with rain that broke up the runs and the trans wasn't shifting correctly.

The second time was better air at Atco and the trans problem fixed, but to this day it is STILL UNTUNED. Not to mention he has nowhere near enough gear in the car as it sits. He's at 11.1 @ 122 right now with a 1.57 60'. I'm pulling for mid 10s at around 130 all said and done, but he likes to be conservative in guesstimating
Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Z28rag
I'm pulling for mid 10s at around 130
think he's got 9 mph hidden in there? im with him being a little more conservative than that...
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Z28rag
Joe (RamAir95TA) is a good friend of mine and has only been to the track twice.

First time we went was a very humid day at Maple Grove with rain that broke up the runs and the trans wasn't shifting correctly.

The second time was better air at Atco and the trans problem fixed, but to this day it is STILL UNTUNED. Not to mention he has nowhere near enough gear in the car as it sits. He's at 11.1 @ 122 right now with a 1.57 60'. I'm pulling for mid 10s at around 130 all said and done, but he likes to be conservative in guesstimating
I thought he had the tune touched up to fix the trans . I knew he fixed something and got it to run alot better.
Either way his car is bad ***, and was wondering more about the Impy than the TA.

I wanna Know why the Impy runs so good at the track. We Know the motor makes good power, but that cars gotta be set the **** up.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like another satisfied customer. Good job Ron/Phil!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1
I think this is exactly what most people miss. Straight from AI's OP message.

"It is an excellent example of what this setup will typically do when properly setup and tuned."

Ive read too many people who have build stroker engines making less than 425hp you can kind of get the idea why.
Hi everyone, my first post. A well built stroker 383 with the exact same cylinder heads from Ai makes even more power, to which I can testify personally.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought he had the tune touched up to fix the trans . I knew he fixed something and got it to run alot better.
Either way his car is bad ***, and was wondering more about the Impy than the TA.

I wanna Know why the Impy runs so good at the track. We Know the motor makes good power, but that cars gotta be set the **** up.
My car only has a mail-order tune and is running very rich via wideband. I solved the shifting issues but undoubtedly the tune is holding the car back a few tenths.

The car is under-geared too - 3.90s just aren't cutting it right now for N/A use (if I decide to spray I might keep them though).

Also, my car is a hydraulic roller and, for the most part, only on a moderate diet (!AC, !swaybar, !front bumper support, !rear seats).
Old 10-22-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
My car only has a mail-order tune and is running very rich via wideband. I solved the shifting issues but undoubtedly the tune is holding the car back a few tenths.

The car is under-geared too - 3.90s just aren't cutting it right now for N/A use (if I decide to spray I might keep them though).

Also, my car is a hydraulic roller and, for the most part, only on a moderate diet (!AC, !swaybar, !front bumper support, !rear seats).
ah thanks for poppin in and clearin some stuff up. I was gonna say I thought your car was hydraulic not solid roller. def runnin some bad *** times and will only get faster
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

That dyno was locked correct? Doesnt have the dynojet typical converter flash on the hit. Looks like pretty good power.

Were starting to screw together a HR/408 that Im hoping run around there but in a stock weight car, how much more are they?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA

Got it! I like your car alot, I also think your car has alot more in it!
I was just wondering why the impala runs so good and dynoed so well.
I think I got it figured out.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Teching In

...This impy must be set on kill.

Originally Posted by myltwon
that's definately very light for an impy

pretty good considering ramair95ta only trapped 1~mph more with the same cylinder heads on a high compression 383 in an fbody.

that imp is definately very well setup to run that number besides the great top end on that motor
...IMO this car seems to be set up to take records, and is fully set up for the track. Also with a locked converter and 10bolt, those numbers dont seem out of reach to me. The weight of the car, makes no difference on the dyno.
...I was just wondering why the impala runs so good and dynoed so well.
I think I got it figured out.

Haha, so you guys like my friend Pat, the Bolt-on terror, now the Heads Cam terror?

I traded top spot with Pat in the Bolt-ons class for a couple years and he always came prepared. It seemed like each time I'd swear I'd beat him, but he'd come with some new mod or trick up his sleeve and eak out the win. Of course it also didn't help when I screwed things up with some last minute change to try and one up him.

I was also the previous record holder in the heads cam class, which he apparently obliterated. I find that kinda funny actually, because in a way he beat our combined record. The day I set the record at 11.55 @ 118, he jumped in and ran 11.45 @ 119.47. Yo Pat, you beat yourself!

If there is one thing I've learned about Pat, he doesn't do anything half assed and he always comes prepared. Anyone would be very lucky to have Pat representing their product.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Ya its a sick car and seem hes got the total package dialed!! Yours sound like it is too!! Congrats to both of you guys!
PS I know exactly what you mean about making last second bad decisions in hopes to gain alittle something. I jipped myself out a 1st place trophy at the LTxshootout last year that way.

Quick Reply: Ai 200cc CNC H/C Dyno, A4, 425rwhp