LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX block is cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fex77k
Yea the only reason they run honda or smaller mains is to free up some power. Besides the LS1 have a thicker cam core than an LT1 and I don't think they have a problem with the revs.
journal size is a big deal when you are turning 9k+ for 500 miles. taking weight out of the crank and rods is another benefit of smaller journals. the cam isnt such a huge issue since it turns at half the speed of the crank, but the same rules apply to the journal/bearing sizes.
i have a cup rotating assembly i thought about playing with, but will probably wind up putting it in a sbc later on down the road.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
I followed that auction. Wouldn't work for me as I think the cam or main bearing diameter was the larger size. Not good for higher rpm motors. If I can find one with the std diameter I will probably buy it. A good home for my 31 lb billet honda journal crank

Dart. you suck. as mentioned before its sad that you have a huge market here and yet you produce dinosaur age blocks for people with old pos cars destined for the track only.
31lb crank huh..must have a really short short stroke on it and light weight bob weight that would take a **** ton of molly..ive had bryant and winberg sbc nascar cranks from 3.25-3.33 an with the full works they where 38-41lbs with 3.25 mains and 1.85-1.88 rj's..the lightest crank ive heard of was 35lbs for a sbc and it was like 2.8 for stroke wise..

i would like to see some pics of the 31lb crank..

as for reving there is plenty of 2.0,2.1 rj cranks that rev to 9k....like said the smaller main and rj on nascar or sprint cranks are use to cut down on friction..theres alot of drag race motors that dont use that low of rj's..spining 6k-10k for 500 miles vs 10k for 1.2 secs is a big diff..
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vtec
journal size is a big deal when you are turning 9k+ for 500 miles. taking weight out of the crank and rods is another benefit of smaller journals. the cam isnt such a huge issue since it turns at half the speed of the crank, but the same rules apply to the journal/bearing sizes.
i have a cup rotating assembly i thought about playing with, but will probably wind up putting it in a sbc later on down the road.
oil pan would be hard to find..i almost did this an was searching for a lh dip stick pan with 2pc rear main seal..there is no good ones..i found some circle track ones for below 200 but no street strip ones worth a damn..

mildon was the best
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
oil pan would be hard to find..i almost did this an was searching for a lh dip stick pan with 2pc rear main seal..there is no good ones..i found some circle track ones for below 200 but no street strip ones worth a damn..

mildon was the best
i was thinking there was a 2pc. to 1 pc. adapter so you could run a 2pc. crank in there and still use your 1pc. pan..... my main concern was the custom timing cover i was going to have to make for the bbc snout. i would have a 330" LT1. more of a novelty, really, but i was planning on throwing the kitchen sink at it.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
i was thinking there was a 2pc. to 1 pc. adapter so you could run a 2pc. crank in there and still use your 1pc. pan..... my main concern was the custom timing cover i was going to have to make for the bbc snout. i would have a 330" LT1. more of a novelty, really, but i was planning on throwing the kitchen sink at it.
there is an adaptor for that.....i've got a callies magnum 2 piece in my 1 piece lt1 block
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

good ****..from my understanding was and maybe it was the 2pc to 1pc deal that i looked at that if i used the 2pc crank in my 1pc block i would have to use a 2pc pan..but like i said it could of been just the one i was looking at seeing i know there is a couple of them out there from 50$-200$

damn now im mad i didnt pick up that billet bryant nascar crank in 3.34 stroke for 250$

vtec i get told no dont do it all the time when i want to run a destroke 350..i had a 327 onces and she loved to scream and ive like the idea of destrokes since..i always just say well ill make up with the tq loss with another 50 shot of juice then..lol

Quick Reply: LTX block is cancelled