LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single plane owners...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single plane owners...

What are you guys paying on average to convert to EFI... or convert bolt patterns only if you are using a carb? Reason being, we are converting mine to carb and are considering building a template to start producing a few. Just wondering a ball park figure to see if this project will be worth the time. Any suggestions are welcome. We arent trying to get rich, but after the few quotes i got from a few places, i believe we can kick their prices in the nuts. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

come on guys, with the 10+ threads started a week about this conversion, i figured someone would jump on the bandwagon
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

I am thinking about doing this swap, got quoted $1200 which I thought was too high. I might do it myself and make angled washers like another guy did on here and have them welded on and weld up the other bolt holes and also the thermostat housing after I cut it off and smooth it out.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Intakeelbows.com did mine.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

I am curious as well. Thinking about going solid roller/single plane/AFR 227's when I can afford it.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as i have been looking, it would probably be cost efficient and roughly accurate to say i could accomplish changing bolt holes and welding injector bungs in for 400-500. now if we are talking about building an elbow to go along with it, the price of course would go up, same for machining the water neck and cleaning up the entire manifold. i would say the best bet would be to source an elbow elsewhere... 860 has a pretty nice looking piece. maybe ray will chime in more about it.

MODS i am not promoting a business, nor am i selling anything. i am merely getting some feedback and looking into possibly offering a needed service for a bunch of fellow techers with these "outdated" motors please feel free to pm me if this thread gets out of line with your approval

Quick Reply: Single plane owners...