LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i REALLY seriously need your help FML!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default i REALLY seriously need your help FML!

I just got my car back for the third time for this stupid EVAP code p1441. and they drove it around, let it sit overnight, yada yada, and when i got it home i let it sit for about an hour and the light came right back on. WHAT WILL FIX THIS, its killing me, i do not want to take it back to the idiot mechanics its a 45 minute drive and its costing me so much fuel to get there and back constantly. I NEED A PICTURE of an LT1 Engine bay of the hoses and what not.

here are the picture of my engine and the hoses going to the throttle body, do you see any reversed hoses or anything unusual here??????
also i need someone to point out with an arrow or something the hose that can become clogged that can set off the p1441 evap system flow during non purge code.

thanks

so much for a merry christmas for me

Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just delete your evap system, and get it tuned out of your computer.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks like your disconnected from at the rear of the box with the red clip on it. that should have a hose connected to it
Old 12-24-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Take off the solenoid that has the blue connector with the black clip and tap it on the ground to see if little black pellets fall out of it. Check the hose that plugs into it as well to see if black pellets come out of it. I am not talking about the short s-shaped hose that connect it to the next solenoid, but the long one that runs out of the driver side fenderwell with the fuel lines around the front of the intake into the solenoid. That hose runs from the vapor cannister under the drivers rear wheelwell to the purge solenoid. If you have thos little black pellets falling out of that hose or the first solenoid, then your vapor cannister is deteriorating. It is made of charcoal and eventually breaks down and sends those little charcoal pellets through the hose and stops up the solenoid. Most likely you will have to replace that solenoid and maybe the vapor cannister. That second solenoid that is connected to the first by the s-shaped hose could also go bad. I am not real clear on the different functions of them. The solenoids are about $20 each. Vapor cannister is around $80, parts only. Easy to replace yourself.

If you are sure the code is related to the evap system, those are the likely culprits.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by illusions
it looks like your disconnected from at the rear of the box with the red clip on it. that should have a hose connected to it
Not. There is nothing there to connect a hose to. All his hoses are there and correct.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

just delete it and tune it out. works wonders
Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

put zipties on the two hoses where they slide over the solenoid ports. Along with the other end of the "S" shaped hose. A small air leak can cause the code to trip.

Quick Reply: i REALLY seriously need your help FML!