LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 lt1 idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 lt1 idle issues

ok guys, need some tech help here, helping my friend with his 93 z28 a4 i just put new intake gaskets on it, new rtv on the china walls, and a new iac. Now for the problems it surges at idle, the new iac is pegged at 160, spark advance is at 30, and the map is between 65-80kPa, im not sure if any of this is normal if any of you all can point me in the right direction with the cars surging i would really appreciate it, btw the car has no emission stuff on it the evap purge was removed, along with the egr valve, thanks guys
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

having simular problem after cam heads eng build. now vac leak? i dont have any still having prob. can i get anymore specs?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Launching!

no vac leaks, idk what the normal conditions where on there map, spark advance, and iac, that what i was trying to figure out so i can further diagnose the car so i can replace whatever sensors my have gone bad
Old 01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've encountered surging problems in the past from bad opti, bad altornator, vacume leak, need of tune, bad fuel pump, burnt wires, and bad spark plugs.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sepno77
I've encountered surging problems in the past from bad opti, bad altornator, vacume leak, need of tune, bad fuel pump, burnt wires, and bad spark plugs.
thanks im kinda thinking it may be an opti, the plugs are autolights, msd wires that do appear to be good, and not burnt, the vacume leaks have been fixed so there are no leaks from the intake manifold, the fuel pump appears to be good it primes to start, i also agree that it needs a tune with all of the emission controls being.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Launching!

anybody else have any issues similiar to the description?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Teching In

I know those autolite sparkplugs are junk in a camaro along with bosch. I had bosch in mine and it ran like crap. A friend had new autolites in his and they lasted maybe 2 months. Every shop I called said the best replacement plug for those are the AC Delcos but they aint cheap. But it sounds like a vacum leak still??? Check another camaro if you know anyone else that has one and compare all the vacum lines. Good luck
Old 01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkcamaro_z28
I know those autolite sparkplugs are junk in a camaro along with bosch. I had bosch in mine and it ran like crap. A friend had new autolites in his and they lasted maybe 2 months. Every shop I called said the best replacement plug for those are the AC Delcos but they aint cheap. But it sounds like a vacum leak still??? Check another camaro if you know anyone else that has one and compare all the vacum lines. Good luck
thanks for the insite on the plugs, what do you guys think of the map readings and the spark advance?