Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice video! Setup is looking nice!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man...these videos are as intertaining as racing videos! Love 'em keep up the good work!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sir, are talented. Vid was very nicely put together. Come on, part 3
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Another excellent video, can't wait for the third!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by T/ALT1
You suck and so do your videos, nah just hating b/c you work way too cleanly. LOL How old are you? You are doing some awesome work keep it up! Later Clint
It's cool man. I think you are a shoe in for hater of the year .
I am 31 and do not have a wife or kids. Good luck on your goal of running 8's. One of my friends was making fun of me by saying 'your car is going to run 10's @ 170 MPH ' Sadly, he might be right (although his mph guess is a lil high ). If I can afford to do the turbo 400 swap I am sure the 1/4 mile will be consistently better, but I don't want to spend all of my time on the 1/4 mi. Drag racing is a car killer, and I can't afford to explode drive trains chasing a #. I did enough of that with the old set up.

Originally Posted by Formula383
Awesome vid!! Great info for us boost-impaired morons, LOL!
Just doing what I can to spread the knowledge. If you want to know anything else feel free to ask. I will do the best I can to spread good information.

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
Great vid again, Who actually makes these videos for you?
Thanks. I make the videos myself. When I do final assembly and tuning/ racing I will hire a couple of camera guys and a sound engineer. Can't be everywhere at the same time . It's going to be expensive, but the sound is very important. The last thing I want is to have the car on the dyno or track and have the mic get maxed out and ruin the audio. The turbo, blow off, and engine sounds will be sweet. Failing to accurately record them and include them in the video project would be a crime. You wouldn't believe how expensive audio equipment is. 1 quality mic is $1,000 x2 cameras, + mics for inside the car+ recording equipment+ a sound engineer to properly use all that high end equipment . I have to focus on tuning the car and driving it, the crew has to focus on capturing all that cool stuff.

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
man...these videos are as intertaining as racing videos! Love 'em keep up the good work!
I appreciate that. If you like these build videos you are going to love the tuning/ racing videos. I have a couple of cool races lined up for the spring, but we will see how confident they are when the dyno #'s come out .

On the tech side; I think the water to air system is the way to go. The guy from bell intercooler told me that the core I have is a little small, but nothing else would fit the way I wanted it to. He did say that the larger core would only be good for a few percent more efficiency, so it shouldn't be that big a deal. I will find out when I start measuring the air and water temperatures. My water tank is a plastic 10 gal summit fuel cell that I mounted directly over the drive shaft hump between the now missing rear seats.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting stuff man. It's cool you take it all so seriously (especially as an LT1 guy! )
I'm way excited to hear the car run/race and to see the final numbers. Do you have specific HP/ET goals for this car? I would also love to see some pictures/videos of the interior setup of the car.

again, keep up the good work and effort!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
interesting stuff man. It's cool you take it all so seriously (especially as an LT1 guy! )
I'm way excited to hear the car run/race and to see the final numbers. Do you have specific HP/ET goals for this car? I would also love to see some pictures/videos of the interior setup of the car.

again, keep up the good work and effort!

Thanks. I have a 01 SS that I will begin filming in the spring. Also, I am doing a bolt on build up of an evo 9 in a few weeks and possibly a 65 stang with a 302 efi swap. If you subscribe to my you tube page you will see all the upcoming projects.
I don't have an et goal at the moment, but I would like to at least see 1000 fwhp on high boost. Anything more will be great. The et will be sorted out after the tune. Who knows what will happen to the drive train, but it will be cool to watch it improve over time.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

Awsome vid, can't wait to see the 3rd. keep up the good work!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=SS Aleks;12841379]It's cool man. I think you are a shoe in for hater of the year .
I am 31 and do not have a wife or kids. Good luck on your goal of running 8's. One of my friends was making fun of me by saying 'your car is going to run 10's @ 170 MPH ' Sadly, he might be right (although his mph guess is a lil high ). If I can afford to do the turbo 400 swap I am sure the 1/4 mile will be consistently better, but I don't want to spend all of my time on the 1/4 mi. Drag racing is a car killer, and I can't afford to explode drive trains chasing a #. I did enough of that with the old set up.

Just giving you some crap for making cool videos and building sweet cars. I am more of a put it together and let it rip type of guy but you guys probably already knew that. LOL I now have a coatings buisness, 3 kids, all under 5 yrs old and my wife that keep me too busy so the car is on the backburner. I work on it when i get a chance which is maybe a couple hours per week. I don't think I'll run 8's with the LT1, you never know but I do have access to a 514BBC with a BIgstuff3, Procharger etc... that maybe the next powerplant for my T/A. Keep up the good work. Later Clint
Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

nice video man.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM

WOW awesome vid. makes me want a FI setup
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=T/ALT1;12850668]
Originally Posted by SS Aleks
Just giving you some crap for making cool videos and building sweet cars. I am more of a put it together and let it rip type of guy but you guys probably already knew that. LOL I now have a coatings buisness, 3 kids, all under 5 yrs old and my wife that keep me too busy so the car is on the backburner. I work on it when i get a chance which is maybe a couple hours per week. I don't think I'll run 8's with the LT1, you never know but I do have access to a 514BBC with a BIgstuff3, Procharger etc... that maybe the next powerplant for my T/A. Keep up the good work. Later Clint
You definitely have a lot going on. At least you still have the car. I know lots of married guys that where forced to sell. That BBC engine sounds scary and BS 3 is a good efi system. It’s good to have options .

Thanks to everyone for their support.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad *** video man.

The editing and quality is awesome.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Launching!

very very cool
Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Density
So what did you end up doing with your NA motor?
This.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Speed Density
This.
Spare bullet . Like I said... it's good to have options
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say something........

"This build is going to be sick, your killing everyone with the suspense !!!!"

PS: Love the classical music in the background. I feel I should be sipping a latte on the amalfi coast somewhere in Italy enjoying the sweet sound of a turbo'd LT1 set on kill mode as it goes screaming byyyyy

Quick Reply: 383 LT1 SR cam 88mm turbo HD VIDEO part 2 intercooler