LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bad stumble on accel....Runs great @ WOT

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yea it is a last resort for me ive had this slight hesitation for 9 years, ever since i owned the car and i have replaced everything including 02s, tb, tps, map, intake gasket, head gaskets, opti (twice), plugs wires, iac, iat, maf, intake elbow, injectors, FPR, fuel pump, egr, cats, so i pretty much ran out of options
and im not worried about the ac becasue i have a 3600 stall so i will never be crusin around town at 1k rpms
if you can think of anyother way that this woould negatively affect me please mention it.
Good luck with your problem.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks i420tom.

Worked on it more tonight. First I fixed the injector constant in the tune. I have 42# SVOs which should be set at 44.35 but mine was at 38. That explains why it was so rich.

I also turned in the throttle stop screw a bit then adjusted the TPS back down. Did this a few times and was able to get the IAC counts down to 56. I'm on the right track but I have a feeling when I put the plate back on I'm going to have to go through this series of adjustments again due to the size of the passage through the plate.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ITS FIXED!!!

I adjusted the TPS one more time and got the counts down to around 48. Went for a drive and the hesitation is 100% gone and it's pulling much harder now that the AFR is back within reason.

After that drive I put the plate back on and checked the counts. Not sure how, based on the size of the IAC passage in the plate, but the counts are now at 25, no hesitation, and pulling harder at WOT.

Now I feel like I can hit it with the new Nitro Dave's plate kit without being concerned about those issues causing a problem.

I couldn't be happier, thanks for all the suggestions.

Quick Reply: Bad stumble on accel....Runs great @ WOT