LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

slave cylinder question (sorta urgent)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slave cylinder question (sorta urgent)

Hey guys I got done with my clutch disc swap. Dont ask long story. Anyways the car will not go into gear when it is running. My main question is which way does the metal rod go. Which end goes into the slave cylinder. The small one or the bigger one with plastic one it? Need to know this so I can drive back to college tonight.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you mean what end goes into the trans bellhousing....the rod end of course.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

yeah it does not matter any more. The main problem is the slave took a dump. Also my rod was broke off from the plastic lines. So it was in pretty bad shape. Took the back up car for two weeks till spring break when ill change everything out.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Teching In

the end with the plastic cover on the "rod" goes to the clutch fork. and dont forget your resistance pin and O ring on the fluid line,
Old 02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah its to late for it. It my rod had broke off of my slave cylinder. Anyways it seems to have died. So looks like more money into the car that one year ago blew up. Looks like it will be a year and 2 weeks before I can drive it once again.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

hey man, i blew my car up on a 200 shot in october of 08, got it running in april of 09 with the stroker motor and have had problems ever since.

i know this isnt what you want to hear but your going to run into more problems. i just got my car to run decently a few weeks ago and it was leaking oil

got that fixed yesterday, and was under the car and noticed my #6 cyl spark plug wire had a hole in it and was sparking off the header

fixed that today and went to a friends house, went to leave and my 2 month old starter wasnt moving out to engage the flywheel.... just a solenoid but its got a lifetime warranty so **** it im gonna go get a new one for free tomorrow..... im gonna fix it and something elese is gonna break probably.

thats how it is with lt1's. they have bad weeks / months where every ******* thing breaks but it will pass
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah trust me I know. The story with mine was it blew a head gasket. Changed that but my temp fix on my head stopped working. Bought a set of heads, hot cam cam, timing set. Changed all that and the oil pump failed. Rebuilt the engine and after 6 months said screw it and took it to the shop. They found a vacuum leak and rockers were messing up. Picked it up last week. Changed the clutch out this weekend and now this. I had fun with my starter. Mainly a bad batter cable was shorting out. If my start was hanging down it was fine. As soon as I attached it to the engine and tried to hook the battery up and you try to start.

Quick Reply: slave cylinder question (sorta urgent)