LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Parting out the Camaro..

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Merv, SS RRR is a hater that doesnt support the troops, and hates America. I apreciate you and your colleages. G/L with the sale, and hope you enjoy your new ride. Im sure it will be pimp. I just wish they would offer a completely striped version of the CTS-V for strait up track and street rippin fun.... **** YOU SS RRR! UR A ****** hater
Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Teching In

good luck with the new car bro no second thoughts i hope...
Old 02-27-2010, 03:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Thanks for the support fellas.

I'm not really too worried about SS RRR..he's just a punk.
He's definately suckin one of the mod's dick somewhere..I say that cause a majority of the **** he has done would've been nipped in the *** already, but favoritism is clearly at play here. I've gotten warnings in the past for sticking my nose in things rudely..nothing near what this guy does to heckle people.
It must be nice to have free reign to just purely instigate bullshit..and nothing more other than that.

There are plenty of you guys that have the good spirit to tell him to shut up, and that's what matters..public opinion..lol

I still have it in storage..and it's not going anywhere any time soon. This is pretty much a heads up to see if anyone is interested.

I'm really wanting one of them CTSV's, I don't have the time/space for 2 toys, and my DD surely isn't going anywhere, so it's pretty easy which one would have to go.

Last edited by the_merv; 02-27-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_merv
Thanks for the support fellas.

I'm not really too worried about SS RRR..he's just a punk.
Meh, give him a break. If I was running high 11's out of a SR 396, I'd be an *** hole to everybody myself.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Meh, give him a break. If I was running high 11's out of a SR 396, I'd be an *** hole to everybody myself.
Yea..I hear ya, expecially when a bad-ringed HR 402 can run low 11's.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea..I hear ya, expecially when a bad-ringed HR 402 can run low 11's.
Yeah man, but anyway, best of luck for the new wheels. I would love a nice G8 GXP, C5, C6 for myself as a new toy after college (the G8 GXP being the most "practical") but idk we'll see what happens. I'll be here for awhile with the multiple majors and grad school I plan on attending.

Best of luck to ya

And speaking of the USA: our women's hockey team may have lost to Canada, but at least we can live another day knowing our women are much hotter than Canada's. Thats what matters at the end of the day, right?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
i think he just has a crush on Merv, its because of that studly picture that he posted with him in his uniform haha. you know little kids tease the ones that they like
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well good luck! Here is what I have to say, if I had the funds I wouldn't hesitate to purchase his setup.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

what would you sell the engine, and wiring for ?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

PM sent..

I edited the first post..I forgot a couple of details that I was asked in a PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

This should give a good heads up to save for it..I wont part the car till the Engine sells, so that way it can be driven and seen in person to judge running condition.
Nah. Still reads like you hawking your crap in the tech section. Since the mods are keeping this one open, how about I do a little haggling.
You drive a hard bargain, Mr. the_mervin, but I am willing to come up a bit in my price, however you are going to have to work with me here. If you can prove that 408 bad boy is as good as you hype it up to be I will give you, are you ready for this? ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS! You are still going to have to throw in the free leak down. Sound fair? Let me know.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Nah. Still reads like you hawking your crap in the tech section. Since the mods are keeping this one open, how about I do a little haggling.
You drive a hard bargain, Mr. the_mervin, but I am willing to come up a bit in my price, however you are going to have to work with me here. If you can prove that 408 bad boy is as good as you hype it up to be I will give you, are you ready for this? ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS! You are still going to have to throw in the free leak down. Sound fair? Let me know.

Thanks
where you ready for that merv? lol
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

..dude is going to keep at it till the cows come home..I'm not really concerned.

I'm not here trying to sell it at the moment, incase you missed the fact that I'm in Iraq..about 7k miles away from the Car.
I'm just giving a heads up so people that are interested can have the money when it comes time, instead of going "damn..wish I had the money.."
I don't see anything wrong with that idea.

Hell do you see any prices that I have posted anywhere?

I don't know why you keep bringin up the Leak Down Test..yea my old 402 had bad Rings..that was fixed with the .030 over Bore, new Mahle Pistons & Rings to make it the 408, and the bottom end was professionally built by the Engine Builder at the Machine Shop. Everything since then has been performed to the specific instructions that I was given. The Rings in this Engine are Seated very well, absolutely no blow-by.

Last edited by the_merv; 02-27-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
Merv, you ready for that?????? Don't get to excited though, it might be a scam! What a troll! There are a lot guys in the lt1 section that are looking for something like this that is perfect for what they are wanting. He's giving the loyal LT1 guys a chance to save up or hold off on other mods for something a lot of people have tried to do and have followed his threads along his build. He's in iraq doing something most people don't have the ***** to do. When he gets home (which should be plenty of time from now for you to save a thousand bucks) if you want to meet up with him and give him a thousand bucks because his car runs like he says it does, whatever you troll. You just a punk behind a keyboard with nothing better to do because your pissed at the way your life has turned out. Shut up and go find something constructive to do.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Most Southerners have good manners and pride themselves on it. Most...

If he's not too busy, We can arrange for him to pick up trash along the highway by the main gate at LeJeune or Bragg... that'd be constructive, at least.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the support Chris.

I'm "hawking my crap".. wow those are friendly terms.
I love how you completely ignore everyone else there bud, and come straight out and attack me..do you honestly have anything else better to do than to **** in my discussions? I'm not ****** with any of your stuff.

Since a mod hasn't banned you yet, maybe you can answer this for me..

What honestly is your reasoning to be a punk and mess with my simple topic of discussion?

Last edited by the_merv; 02-27-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

I'm not posting to anyone else. I'm posting to you. Stop trying to deflect. This topic of discussion is nothing more than a Mervin personal blog thread with no technical info, so this is free post time. I'd like a leak down because I'm still not confident the deck on that block is good. With no track times available to back any of your claims, well it doesn't seem all that legitimate. One thousand dollars. Deal or no deal?
Old 02-27-2010, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

I'd like a price on it.

You previously mentioned how much faster it was.....(8.60s on spray) Id like to have it.

Will you do a payment plan? Lay-a-way
Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Wow..both of you totally missed the point.

I'm not talking money or any sale, this is a technical thread, not a classifieds thread, refrain from interjecting monetary amounts to deflect the intentions of this thread. If you want serious info then PM me.

I will say this in a technical sense..
Since you both have no confidence in my Engine or how it's been prepped then why are you offering to invest into it?

When it comes down to it, both of you obviously have no intentions on buying it regardless even if I was infact trying to sell it here. Quit posting useless crap in this thread, none of you have shown any technical contribution here.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not posting to anyone else. I'm posting to you. Stop trying to deflect. This topic of discussion is nothing more than a Mervin personal blog thread with no technical info, so this is free post time. I'd like a leak down because I'm still not confident the deck on that block is good. With no track times available to back any of your claims, well it doesn't seem all that legitimate. One thousand dollars. Deal or no deal?
Dude get off your HIGH Horse. Do you really have this boring of a life that you find enjoyment talking crap that ultimately means nothing in the end? There is a reason why the words TOOL SHED came into play at one point....YOU. Find yourself a girlfriend or better yet drive your car into the nearest body of water.

Quick Reply: Parting out the Camaro..