LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

It's that time again! Build #2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
Great looking car! Are you gonna use the stock injectors?
I used 30lb SVO (red top) injectors.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a quick question and im sure you answered it already before so i hope i dont **** you off but why an lt1? I am sure you could have gone lsx? i only ask because i am stuck on what i would want in an engine
Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by louie138
i have a quick question and im sure you answered it already before so i hope i dont **** you off but why an lt1? I am sure you could have gone lsx? i only ask because i am stuck on what i would want in an engine
cheaper all around. LS1 + T56 would've been $3k easy for a direct swap. Parts as a whole are more expensive, and honestly, I found a wrecked car and bought it for cheap and then sold most everything and made all my money back.

Plus, I like the LT1 platform, for the power levels I wanted and for the budget I had, it was the most reasonable option. LT1s have definitely become the red headed step child of the small block world, but honestly built right they can be just as reliable as an of the other LS_ platforms out there.

I admit one day the car will probably house a LS motor between the strut towers but honestly, the car makes great power (408rwhp) and is a blast to drive.

...not to mention I for one think the LT1 looks way better then the LS1 motor...lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tbird31
cheaper all around. LS1 + T56 would've been $3k easy for a direct swap. Parts as a whole are more expensive, and honestly, I found a wrecked car and bought it for cheap and then sold most everything and made all my money back.

Plus, I like the LT1 platform, for the power levels I wanted and for the budget I had, it was the most reasonable option. LT1s have definitely become the red headed step child of the small block world, but honestly built right they can be just as reliable as an of the other LS_ platforms out there.

I admit one day the car will probably house a LS motor between the strut towers but honestly, the car makes great power (408rwhp) and is a blast to drive.

...not to mention I for one think the LT1 looks way better then the LS1 motor...lol.

x1000
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Teching In

tbird you convinced me... i now want to swap an lt1 in my camaro. im on the case
Old 11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by louie138
tbird you convinced me... i now want to swap an lt1 in my camaro. im on the case
Good to hear. I for one admit the swap was not easy by any means, I took a lot of time to make sure the car looks stock (ie no cut wires/hack jobs/etc) everything is soldered and looks factory...or at least for the most part, my engine bay is FAR too clean to look factory. haha

Best of Luck!

Quick Reply: It's that time again! Build #2.