LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Recommendations on Headers for my LT1 Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

With true duals, the x-pipe would replace the y-pipe, I believe. I think some people don't even use an x-pipe. Do a search on bad *** true duals. A guy on here made a very nice system, and I think that's the title of the thread.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i was wrong...it didnt sound right even as i typed it...i just wasnt sure because im not familiar with the amount of space underneath our cars, and im not an exhaust expert. My old 77 GMC in high school..now that was true duals, and they had all the room in the world..lol..but ill learn it little by little. Here is a pic i found of true duals on a LT1 Car.

Im pretty sure that i would like to go this route. I have heard a couple of LT1's with this set up and it sounded awesome. Now for pipe size....can 3" be too big for a stock LT1 and cause me to loose back pressure? Or is that something i shouldnt even have to worry about with this set up?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa_97_SS
Yeah i was wrong...it didnt sound right even as i typed it...i just wasnt sure because im not familiar with the amount of space underneath our cars, and im not an exhaust expert. My old 77 GMC in high school..now that was true duals, and they had all the room in the world..lol..but ill learn it little by little. Here is a pic i found of true duals on a LT1 Car.

Im pretty sure that i would like to go this route. I have heard a couple of LT1's with this set up and it sounded awesome. Now for pipe size....can 3" be too big for a stock LT1 and cause me to loose back pressure? Or is that something i shouldnt even have to worry about with this set up?
True duals aren't much of an issue until you get to the rear axle. I paid extra to have them routed over the stupid panhard brace so that I have actual exhaust tips

Most people will just dump the exhaust at the rear axle though.

Two 3" pipes > One 4" pipe. Not sure on the whole back pressure issue. If you ever plan on going forced induction you can never have too much little back pressure.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on Headers for my LT1 Daily Driver?