LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Machine shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 86formula
you never beat my old set-up's time did you? what makes you think that youll beat the new one? lol btw my heads might not be LE2s anymore
I never made another pass last yr, and I dont care if you have Warren Johnsons heads on your car. Mine is going faster. lol
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by 86formula
btw, everyone else keeps bringing up the fact that im in the military, the only thing that ive ever said was that it makes it hard to communicate with people back home. anyone care to tell me that im lying about the communication part?
Which is why you should have waited until you were in the states to do this kind of business. That way you could do more research and discover there are other shops out there that do better work than some of these internet superhero establishments.

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I never made another pass last yr, and I dont care if you have Warren Johnsons heads on your car. Mine is going faster. lol
Already a spray junkie, eh?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR

Already a spray junkie, eh?
Not really but I do have a nice kit just in case!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had a issue with Brett, Dennis or Lloyd. Got a Bauer cam in both our F-bodies, answered all the emails and calls, Dennis did a great job on both sets of heads we have on our cars. Great customer service. I have not had the chance to deal with Lloyd but I have heard great things.

Sounds like we heard all parts of the story here and everyone will have their own version of what they think the truth is. Better not to burn bridges down over a mis communication which is what this is. Probably better to deal with this when you are not deployed as it makes things a little less complicated such as communication. Like Illusional TA said call summit and find out what happened.

**** happens and we've all been through it but it looks like things got blown way out of proportion and you've tried to damage repuatations which is a attack again the livelyhoods of these individuals mentioned. I don't blame them for not taking this lightly. You feel you are justified in "warning people" but it still looks like an attack.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 PM

I registered on here just to post my .02.

First, a business was hired to do work and they half assed it, plain and simple. If all these praises about this guy's work was true, this thread wouldn't exist now would it. I don't give a rats *** if the intake will still "work" or not, the point is the intake was messed up. Everyone understands tooling marks and handling but cracked aluminum is deliberate damage and even if it was accidental, the intake should NOT have been sent back in that condition! Where's the quality control here???

Second, all you people who have had good dealings with Bret, of COURSE you aren't sore about it, why would you be? But every damn one of you would be pissed just as much if the shoe were on the other foot. And it sucks even more when you're in another country "fighting" for those who would screw you in a heart beat! Not to mention taking care of $hit stateside is damned near impossible over there!

Originally Posted by fex77k
No one gives a damn that you are in the military. I don't know why you keep bringing it up like your going to get a special discount or 5 minutes of pity.
What a piece of **** you are my friend! I for one give a BIG DAMN that men and women are dieing over there! I give a BIG DAMN that I can sleep safe at night and my children have a chance to grow up in a free society because people like 86formula are fighting for it! What's the matter? Are you just mad because "YOU" didn't get the recognition you thought you should have so you're pouting and spreading it to other servicemen? Get a life tool!

bottom line, this Bret guy needs to be run out of business if he's going to conduct business this way, end of story! You NEVER blame the customer for anything, much less something that is blatantly YOUR ******* FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 PM

edit: double post, fix the damn forum!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The_Mustang
edit: double post, fix the damn forum!
I'm sure they will get right on that since the last two posts are your first and only two posts.

-Dustin-
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

WOW interesting post. this Brett guy sure sounds like a shoppe called Rolling Thunderz up here in woodbridge. Biggest piece of **** shoppe in canada.

Having read all of that. Brett : You need to go **** yourself. treating a customer in the way in which you have is pathetic. Right or wrong the words you have chosen show the lack of grade school education in your decision making ability let alone setting up tools to do good machine work.

I would hope most who read this avoid Brett with a passion. As for LE. the fact that he has a 'bad' list is forewarning to all. If he doesnt, he should at least step in here and correct Bretts crybaby claim that he does. You both look stupid for that. Bottom line. If the manifold was made and machine to the customers satisfaction we would not be having this discussion.

Having read this I am glad I did not choose LE for any of my work nor will I consider to in the future. The fact that he even deals with douchebags is sad.

Thanks for bringing this situation to light. I am not one to comment on serving in the military etc but I like Movies like Saving private ryan and platoon etc so Thumbs up to you.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

Im sure bert is losing sleep over this, you guys are cry babies.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 PM

It just really suprises me that all these people will take one persons bad encounter with a shop and bash him without any true personal knowledge of the person or of what happened. Yea you can read it on here but unless you were there can you be sure of all the facts? I wouldnt judge someone just because one person says you should. Yea Bret gets a bad rep on these boards because he speaks his mind but I think I just read a bunch of posts with everyone else speaking their mind and trash talking on here. Well thats my 2 cents worth. Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6089wally
It just really suprises me that all these people will take one persons bad encounter with a shop and bash him without any true personal knowledge of the person or of what happened. Yea you can read it on here but unless you were there can you be sure of all the facts? I wouldnt judge someone just because one person says you should. Yea Bret gets a bad rep on these boards because he speaks his mind but I think I just read a bunch of posts with everyone else speaking their mind and trash talking on here. Well thats my 2 cents worth. Thanks

Bert is infamous and has a well known reputation for being a colostomy bag.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 AM

I was refering to the trash talkers that jumped in that obviously had no clue who Bret is. Its unfortunate that this happened but everyone involved is going to keep on working and doing what they do best no matter what was said here.

Bret and Lloyd,,,,keep up the good work. Everyone on here is going to need a good machinist sometime down the road.

here is a pic of my converted super vic. great work,,looks like new.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...0309102300.jpg

here it is on the car with the LE Trickflow heads

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...27-10_1825.jpg

these guys do great work so like I said "don't judge by one persons experience"
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

I was refering to the trash talkers that jumped in that obviously had no clue who Bret is. Its unfortunate that this happened but everyone involved is going to keep on working and doing what they do best no matter what was said here.

Bret and Lloyd,,,,keep up the good work. Everyone on here is going to need a good machinist sometime down the road.

"2. Go pound salt."

When someone you pay says that to you, I don't give a F***k what kind of work you do you dont deserve to be in business. Brett is a douchebag. Fact.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have read through this whole thing and I must be honest about this. I take both sides on this story. OP has a good valid point on this, and so does the shop where the work was done. I do agree with all of you guys and think that the costumer service that was given was extremely **** poor. And you never tell a costumer that he is pretty much SOL. But I think just to be fair to both sides of this ordeal, why don't you guys meet in the middle and split the charges? It might have not been anyone’s fault it might have been just overseen. But wouldn't meeting in the middle make this alot easier on everyone?

I would also warn both sides about defamation of character ordeal, it does happen and people have lost greatly for almost the same reasons. And why couldn't this haven been just done over e-mails and phone calls?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by corpserodeo666
I have read through this whole thing and I must be honest about this. I take both sides on this story. OP has a good valid point on this, and so does the shop where the work was done. I do agree with all of you guys and think that the costumer service that was given was extremely **** poor. And you never tell a costumer that he is pretty much SOL. But I think just to be fair to both sides of this ordeal, why don't you guys meet in the middle and split the charges? It might have not been anyone’s fault it might have been just overseen. But wouldn't meeting in the middle make this alot easier on everyone?

I would also warn both sides about defamation of character ordeal, it does happen and people have lost greatly for almost the same reasons. And why couldn't this haven been just done over e-mails and phone calls?
I havent posted here because all of the information that anyone needs to for an opinion is already in the thread. Bret claimed the damage to the intake as his, it was known before it was shipped to me. I was told that i was being charged for any more emails that i sent him and he would not give me his phone number when i asked for it. all of that was said earlier in the thread.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so you completely missed my point. As long as it got resolved I'm signing off. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

I have read through this whole thing and I must be honest about this. I take both sides on this story. OP has a good valid point on this, and so does the shop where the work was done. I do agree with all of you guys and think that the costumer service that was given was extremely **** poor. And you never tell a costumer that he is pretty much SOL. But I think just to be fair to both sides of this ordeal, why don't you guys meet in the middle and split the charges?he is not paying for any shipping, he made that clear in one of the emails It might have not been anyone’s fault it might have been just overseen.he took ownership of the damage But wouldn't meeting in the middle make this alot easier on everyone?

I would also warn both sides about defamation of character ordeal, it does happen and people have lost greatly for almost the same reasons. And why couldn't this haven been just done over e-mails and phone calls? he was going to charge me for a phone call and any further emails, so no it couldnt
Ok, so you completely missed my point. As long as it got resolved I'm signing off. Good luck!
im not trying to be a dick, i just dont see what i didnt get. this thread is it being resolved.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Defamation of character? That douchebag bret should have thought about that when he acted the way he did. When you act this way toward a customer you MUST expect them to retaliate. Also in our shitty economy money is more precious now than ever. So when someone chooses to give it to you to do a service you'd better be thankful and helpful to the best of your ability!

And you must not have read the entire thread as you claimed because if you had you'd see that Bret has cut the OP off from all email and phone calls. That in itself SCREAMED i'm a ******* POS who deserves what's coming to me. If that guy had one bit of business sense he'd have preferred that the OP called him to sort it out. Now his name is being dragged through the mud as it should be.

And all you people who continuously post your "good" dealings with Bret aren't helping the situation. Like I said before, of course you're all butterflies and lollipops over this guy, he didn't screw you over! Your work was done correctly, this guy's wasn't. It's so damn simple. Bret needs to make it right by correcting any problems and return the intake to the OP on Bret's dollar since he made the error.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
j0n
11 Second Club

And the pictures of your intake look WORLDS better than the pictures of 86formula's. So if we take your experience we're still "judging by one persons experience", no?

Quick Reply: Machine shop issues