LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Machine shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you havent even gotten this thing together yet and this is your biggest issue?

Good luck, far worse **** is going to happen. Now you fucked up you relationship with 3 people.

You joined the service, stop looking for a pat on the back.....it sickens me when people do that.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

lets make sure that something is clear Lloyd, until the Bauer Racing Engines box was shipped to my builder, YOU were telling me that Dennis was doing the conversion. the reason that it was shipped to Dennis 4 months after i talked to him was because YOU dropped the ball. i have an email from you saying that you drug your feet and thats why it wasnt done

i also have an email from you on March 31st saying "I have a ph # for Dennis but no email address. ***-***-****

I did speak with him yesterday and he said the intake should be completed next week."
and "The original timeline was about 2-3 weeks for the intake when I spoke with Dennis and so I'll call and check with him on how much longer it will be. I did make sure and tell him that you wanted the water neck removed and he said no prob but that would be more $$$ than he originally told me. "

this could be the reason that i thought that the conversion was being done by Dennis, right?

and from Feb 13th "I can ship it to Dennis when I am completed and find I'll get a price from him but we will not have to pay him until it is completed I believe."

so when you said "I'll get a price from him" i suppose that you werent actually talking to him

trying to stick up for a business associate is one thing but down right lying is something that i wasnt expecting.

Last edited by 86formula; 04-25-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've managed to call out everyone.. Call summit and ask them y this happened..
Old 04-25-2010, 10:53 AM
sbs
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 86formula
Thank you Dennis, for making yourself look like an *******
He is not remotely the one looking like an *******.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sbs
He is not remotely the one looking like an *******.
Quoted for truth..
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 PM
8 Second Club

Now I wonder why the people that do the real work don't want to talk to customers.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Josh Sorry about the bad experience but everyone seems to have done everything they could to help especially Lloyd and even Brett until he started running his mouth. Unfortunatly things did not go as smooth as you had hoped or you werent sure exactly what you were gettin back but it does seem to be done correct except the crack which was offered to be fixed.
Im sure the holes are elongated so they match up with the heads without milling down the intake, & you dont need the center bolt holes.

Lloyd goes above and beyond for his customers, for instance He did my intake bolt holes Free and I just shipped him the intake, he went over my heads, checked the springs and replaced the valve and seal Free when my rocker broke, he ground me a new CAM to take advantage of my new better bottom end FREE, he helped source out every part and part number to to my build to insure it came out right, he answered every email super fast and every call or called me back asap regaurdless of time when I was putting it all together on his own time Free. Lloyd is a top notch guy and does top notch work. All my experiences with Lloyd have been A++++++
Old 04-25-2010, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Actually, based on the entire discussion in this thread (which is all I have to go on), I think the more apt analogy would be...

1. you buy a car and discover a scratch

2. the dealership offers to repair the scratch by buffing it out and he wants you to pay for shipping the car to and from the shop and pay him 100 dollars just to fix it.
Fixed.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jmagliola
I'm a ******* tool.
fixed
Old 04-25-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
You've managed to call out everyone.. Call summit and ask them y this happened..
lol
Old 04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

first off, if you even suggest I have lied, did lie, might lie in the future to you you, etc . . . you can just handle the shipping and intake ordeal on your own.

Josh, I shipped the intake to Dennis and he was under the impression it would be a quick deal for just a bolt conversion and he said it would be that time period. I shipped the heads and intake to him for that reason.

He gave me a price to tell you for the work and you said "that is alot cheeper than he told me" and you asked "if that included removing water neck, etc" and I said "i had no idea but would ask" since I was still under the impression that you and Dennis were talking and i was just getting the stuff shipped to him. I told you just send me that amount and I will cover the rest if it is any more and you can reimburse me in our final payment.

Intake and heads show up to Dennis and they are in line for the bolt conversion and I call to amke sure price included removing waterneck and he says no so i tell him you wnat it done and then the rtime line is blown out of the water as he wouild not be able to squeeze such a big job in but mentioned Bret and vouched for the quality and he could handle the time line. It seemed like a no brainer that you would want this so I made it happen, ate shipping $$$ and still seem to be the bad guy. ????

I knew you needed the intake real bad so I paid shipping to Bret for heads/intake and then back to me to finish the portwork after the conversion was done and ports were located and then shipped them to engine builder.

I have explained this ordeal to you several times and you shoukld have just paid your engine builder to handle the leg work and get things handled and together for you instead if saving $$$.

Even if the intake is completed, your engine builder says he need sthe heads completely fresh to go on the engine and that will be 3 months before he can touch them. You made no mention of this to me and just sent the heads for the mock up on conversion so other than this reason, the heads would have never been shipped to me at all. You thought you could still run the heads like they were and the engine buiklder thought i was freshening them up.

Stop playing "Scooby Doo" and trying to catch people in lies because things did not end up 100% the way you wanted. Just focus on getting the car back together.

I did apologize for the delay in the portwork, knocked $20 off the cam for you for inconvenience, etc. You even asked if the cam had been shipped yet at one point and seemed upset when it was still not in the engine builders hands and at that point you had not even paid for the cam.

You should have just told the engine builder to make it happen and pay him for his time and headache since HE is the one that will be assembling the thing and KNEW exactly WHEN he needed things and that the heads needed to be redone while at my shop.

I am guessing that you think Dennis, your engine builder and I should have had weekly conference calls trying to get your car completed. Your engine builder is just as tired of this as the rest of us.

Lloyd
Old 04-25-2010, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
fixed
Nice way to personally attack someone......all I'm doing is going from the facts.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jmagliola
Nice way to personally attack someone......all I'm doing is going from the facts.
no actually your not, you obviously did not read the thread

brett offered to fix the head, for free,
lloyd was paying for shipping

brett told him he would charge him another 100 to drill pointless holes that cant even be used - holes his grade a engine builder told him he needed

so your post about the op having to pay 100 plus shipping to get the manifold fixed makes no sense at all
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dangalla
no actually your not, you obviously did not read the thread

brett offered to fix the head, for free,
lloyd was paying for shipping

brett told him he would charge him another 100 to drill pointless holes that cant even be used - holes his grade a engine builder told him he needed

so your post about the op having to pay 100 plus shipping to get the manifold fixed makes no sense at all
I read every post.

he says that the guy has to pay shipping both ways and then after he pays 100 bucks more he'll "fix it."
Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I would have it fixed, then bead blasted. That would knock off the tooling marks and give it a uniform finish, then put all of this behind you.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

taken to emails, this thread isnt about delays or anything about Lloyd. its about crappy machine work and being treated like ****
Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Everyone knows Bret is a dick. There's a reason he's banned on pretty much every LSx site I can think of. This is just another example. He may do nice work, but the way he deals with things is out of line. You're just another example of many.

Dennis, Lloyd, and your builder aren't involved in this other than the fact that you have all of them constantly calling each other trying to figure out what is going on.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

WOW Lloyd sure does bend over backwards to help his customers!
Originally Posted by NightTrain66
You should have just told the engine builder to make it happen and pay him for his time and headache since HE is the one that will be assembling the thing and KNEW exactly WHEN he needed things and that the heads needed to be redone while at my shop.
Lloyd
Ain't that the truth!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Personally, I would have it fixed, then bead blasted. That would knock off the tooling marks and give it a uniform finish, then put all of this behind you.

x2

That would have been the most simplest thing to do, but some people just can't think of the logical thing to do and come onto public forums and whine and complain.

Now not only did he tarnish Bret's rep/business, he's also dragging Lloyd & Dennis though the mud.

OP =
Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have dealt with Bret, I have his cam in my car. We have butted heads but he has ALWAYS treated me fair. He has my Super Vic doing the full monty to it and is about to ship it back.

I talked with him briefly about this deal through e mails.

Lloyd was his customer, not the OP. If Lloyd thought there was a problem with it it should have been shipped back to Bret when Lloyd got it.

Bret was put in a rush situation, in Brets words"an emergency" situation where it HAD to get done, The guy was jumping up and down wanting it done. Thats how it got from Lloyd to Dennis to Bret....to try and get it done ASAP for him.

Bret was prepared to pay shipping back to fix it until the OP got rude with all 3 involved in this deal, demanding a refund AND a new intake.

The lessons to be learned here?

If you want it done the right way, dont rush it. There is a reason why the guys who are good are slow(er). They are busy because they are good. All 3 in this tornado of bullshit are top notch.

If there is a problem, slow down...think about it before you close a door. Be nice...explain your point of view and let it simmer a while. Then call back and see if you can reach an agreement....dont DEMAND anything...you will get nothing.

And last but certainly not least...A lack of preparation on YOUR part does not constitute and EMERGENCY on my part. Dont put the other party in a position TO mess up.

Quick Reply: Machine shop issues