LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

should i do it myself? (valve cover *pics) help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fex77k
This.

I always hated having to remove the AIR fittings and the alt to do anything on an LT1, but don't worry cause this won't be the last time you have remove them. If you can I'd recommend using a compressor to blow all the dirt off the intake, so you don't drop a bunch of junk into the heads while your trying to remove the covers.
^^^^ What he said^^^^ Squirrels love to eat nuts and acorns in your car's engine bay and the always end up on top of the intake in between the valve covers. Both my cars had all kinds of nut shells and seeds sitting up there.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i change the gaskets. it was a success the key is stayn koo and not quitn fight the frustration off. i see why ya say lt1 engines are a pain in the butt to work on now, not to much room at all.

i also changed my mine of painting them once i had them off, i cleans the covers and wow they really looked good.

thansk everyone for the help i did it all myself no help, for being someone just learning of cars i got it done like a pro.

i took everyone advice without ya help i wouldnt have a damm idea to what to do. thanks guys ya rock.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've learned almost everything i know from these forums and a few guys help in person. its amazing how much u can learn
Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

congrates..you got to start some where..trust me known of us just picked up a wrench one day and said hey im going to rebuild this engine,or build my rear today...we all started from watching and just going after the simple stuff at first pretty much..you got to crawl before you can walk you know..

these forums do rock also because theres lil tricks that you might not of known about or would have ever known about with out being part of the forum to find out..

Quick Reply: should i do it myself? (valve cover *pics) help