LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anybody with AS&M Midlength headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anybody with AS&M Midlength headers

I bought some used AS&M midlength headers a couple months ago, and was just wondering if the y-pipe that comes with these will bolt right up to my catback? I know they are supposed to be for 94-95 lt1's, but the y-pipe I have is a three bolt flange and my catback is a 2 bolt? Do I need to have my cat welded to the y-pipe or a pipe made to attach the two? If anyone has any installed pics on a single cat lt1 car that would be awesome. I'm just trying to get all the parts together that I am going to need before I install these.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you buy them new they come with a 3 bolt flange to weld to your cat. I have one welded to my cat and a pipe made with a 3 bolt flange on one end and a ball flange on the other that can be swapped in for the cat.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Low N Slow
When you buy them new they come with a 3 bolt flange to weld to your cat. I have one welded to my cat and a pipe made with a 3 bolt flange on one end and a ball flange on the other that can be swapped in for the cat.
I already have a couple 3 bolt stainless flanges flanges laying around, so I'll just weld those up to a straight piece of pipe to replace the cat.

Thanks again,
Joe

oh and this should line right up with a catback made for a single cat car right? or is the y-pipe that comes with these set up to match up to a dual-cat catback
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own off-road pipe to go between the two. Bolts right in.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will line up the single cat catback but there needs to be a piece of pipe of a cat connecting them two together. I have AS&M headers too if you install them could u maybe post some pictures of how its hooked up?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM

I tried these a few years back when I had a 1993 TA (I bought the headers new that were 93 specific). They didn't install well at all. One of the header bolts wouldn't even go into the hole on the flange even if you took the header out of the car (the primary tube was angled too much and didn't leave enough clearance). There were other problems too, but I can't remember as it was a while ago. I do remember that AS&M didn't want to hear about it and told me that it was my fault for installing them wrong.

Quick Reply: anybody with AS&M Midlength headers