LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PO335 Code nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO335 Code nightmare

Hey everyone, I have been a big fan of this site for a while along with being a long time f-body owner. I recently acquired a beautiful 97z28 6 speed. I bought this car from a good friend of mine who was fed up with it due to optispark issues. He was actually so fed up with it he was just going to donate it! Rather than see another good f-body thrown away I decided to take it off his hands. This is my first 4th gen. When I first got the car it threw 2 codes a PO335 and a PO336. I replaced the Crank position sensor and the optispark including a new harness for the opti. After the installation of these parts It was still throwing a Crank position Sensor Out of Range code PO335 I believe. A mechanic friend looked into it further with the Lotus diagnostic tool and asked if the harness on the opti had been replaced? YES opti replaced? YES Crank Position Sensor replaced? YES The lotus then said excessive wear on timing chain. So I dropped the oil pan and timing cover. I replaced the timing chain and both gears (and the oil pump I figured I am already here why not!) cleaned up the timing cover and put everything back together. So everything is new. Last night i finished it up and went to go start it and it is still throwing this code. Now if I lived in any other state other than CA this would not be an issue because the car runs great! However the car needs to be smogged to get registered and it is a TEST ONLY so no lights in the dash can be on at all. I tried clearing the code numerous times it just comes back instantly. I am at the end of my rope guys I do not want to see this car go to a junk yard just for this. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the pink wire that goes from the ignition fuse to the coil, ICM, and CKP sensor. Make sure it's not damaged, open, bad connection, etc.

Or you can have the code programmed out of the PCM. Simple as that.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

cant you just disable the light somehow?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Teching In

thx Ramair95 I will try that this weekend!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Teching In

All wiring good does anyone else have any other ideas?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Teching In

I have the same problem,but mine has a hesitation at part throttle. runs like a champ under wot. The hesitation has gotten worse over time but the codes have been there a while. Checked plug wires, swapped coil and icm. replaced opti and still no luck. I think I have 2 separate issues, p0355,356 my not have anything to do with the hesitation.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Teching In

I know this is an old post. Did you ever find anything?

Quick Reply: PO335 Code nightmare