LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone here have a Chandler motorsports Optispark?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in a tight situation a year ago and replaced mine with an ebay one through them for $100 till i was able to afford a GM one.

first problem it gave me a code for crank position changed the sensor and still set the code had it tuned out so i could pass emission then turned it back on.

next issue after a month or 2 i started getting lean codes bank 1&2 again to the back burner it went, and the next code that came out a few months later was higher than normal idle and an idle control system codes, this thing was all over the place!! some stop lights would be around 900 rpm idle some would be 1500-2000 rpm. started looking for intake leaks nothing about 6 months after than dead.

all crank no spark all in all 100 went fairly far with alot of issues that was my first venture into the cheap opti world and my last i changed to a GM opti and EVERY idle lean and crank code went away ALL due to that cheap *** opti!!

so my recommendation is unless you are strapped for cash like i was get a GM opti its the only way to go.

Quick Reply: Anyone here have a Chandler motorsports Optispark?