LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car is backfiring and running rough! help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car is backfiring and running rough! help please!

hi everyone i have been working on my car the last couple of weeks and i have done a new intake gasket and and deleted the egr and then today i installed a new msd opti and finally got it to start. So it started and it ran crappy a little rough and was backfiring a few times till rpms settled and then the codes started popping up so i have a multiple cylinder missfire and a PO200 injector circuit open code. I am really clueless to what would cause this i believe that i did all the work correctly and tried to put every thing back the way it was when i took it off. So if some one has an idea what it could be let me know it would be very appreciated!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by somlt1
hi everyone i have been working on my car the last couple of weeks and i have done a new intake gasket and and deleted the egr and then today i installed a new msd opti and finally got it to start. So it started and it ran crappy a little rough and was backfiring a few times till rpms settled and then the codes started popping up so i have a multiple cylinder missfire and a PO200 injector circuit open code. I am really clueless to what would cause this i believe that i did all the work correctly and tried to put every thing back the way it was when i took it off. So if some one has an idea what it could be let me know it would be very appreciated!
The P0300 and the P0200 are probably related. I would check to see that all of the injector connectors are locked onto each injector properly. I would also examine the wires to each pigtail for damage or corrosion. What you should do is check the wiring to each injector to the PCM and to the two injector fuses for continuity.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Did you label the wires when you put the opti in? I would start by checking to make sure you didnt accidentally mix up the wires
Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

went and looked at it today and #6 and #8 were crossed and #2 had a bad plug wire now all my issues are fixed and the car runs great. thanks for your help guys!

Quick Reply: car is backfiring and running rough! help please!