LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wiring my Mallory 685, need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring my Mallory 685, need help

So I've got everything in place, wired in the non-intrusive coil harness and everything. The top end limiter and two step rev limiter are both working fine. My question is activating the 2nd stage rev limiter. I've done some searching and found that the clutch safey switch is a bad spot to mount it, from the travel of the clutch pedal it'll be free to rev while slipping the clutch. The cruise controld disengage switch looks much more ideal, the issue I'm finding with a test light is though that the switch works as a straight through connection while its activated, and only breaks the circuit when the clutch is down. Makes sense, I want to find a way to make my two step work somehow off of the clutch pedal but this kind of confuses me.

Any input would be great, I need a 12 volt wire that's interrupted by the clutch pedal NOT being depressed.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are you so intent on using the clutch pedal?

You have much more control over it if you use a button IMO.

I mounted a small momentary button in my ash tray compartment and it works awesome.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Launching!

The whole point of a two step is to make me as a driver more consistent, adding a button just strikes me as non productive. I want to eliminate as much as possible so I can sit there, two pedals mashed and wash the ambers on the tree. I've heard/seen people running them through buttons I'd just like a more seamless approach, the clutch just seemed like a real good way to do it and I want to make it work that way.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its very consistent for me. Even stalled auto t brake cars have a button. Whatever floats your boat though.

Sounds like you plan on dumping the clutch. Sounds like a lot of broken parts at the track and non hooking on the street. There's a lot to be said for the ability to slip the clutch out of the hole.

Last edited by gregrob; 05-26-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Launching!

I completely agree with wanting to be able to slip the clutch. I wanted to wire it to my cruise control disengage but it works opposite of how I want it. I really don't want to hook it up to the clutch safety switch but I don't think I have a choice.

Quick Reply: Wiring my Mallory 685, need help