LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who has pacesetter headers with y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
ADM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have poly mounts too.

No rubbing of the primaries with the steering shaft.

The passenger side collector is resting against the transmission bell housing so I had to cut off a bit to clear it.

Driver side of the Y pipe would not go in until I banged the body a bit and it slid right on without any rubbing.

All in all, I'm a happy customer.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

Ive got everything fixed now y pipe leaks like a MF even with band clamps.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only issue i had with mine was the driver side hitting the floor. I just wedged a piece of rubber in between the pipe and the floor. Problem fixed.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

well i made a promise to pacesetter and feel i need to uphold it....

have a set of pacesetters on my car currently but would not recommend to anyone to buy these headers EVER! install them in december of 08. had nothing but fitment issues getting them into the car. the steering did not hit on mine, but seems to be a major issue for others. Y pipe hit brace on floor pan and the pieces of the Y didnt line up for crap! ended up having to spend over 120 dollars on labor with an exhaust shop to make it fit correctly. then 3 months down the road the drivers side emission port welds let go and allow the whole port to blow off the header. called pace setter and they wanted me to take it off the car, send it in, and they would look at it and determine then if they would give me any sort of partial credit toward a new drivers side header. well since my car is my DD and also my only vehicle i explain to them that this will not work. told how lousy the fitment was and about all the money i have already spent trying to use their product. So out of the goodness of their hearts they offered me another route to take to get their junk fixed. they wanted me to buy a new set of headers, then mail them back the old ones and they would then determine if the fault of fitment was mine or theirs, and decide if they would credit me or not. so i promised them that i would make sure everyone on tech knows of their customer service and how well they stand behind their product, and then promised them also that the next set of headers i buy will come from kooks and not their company. i have kept my word as i have a set of kooks going on before the end of june feeding into a mufflex 4" catback. also about 4 months after my phone call to pacesetter,the EGR port on the back passenger side of the right header blows off yet again to lousy welding. this time i had to yank the whole header out, take it to the exhaust shop to get welded up and then reinstall it. needless to say i didnt even bother calling pacesetter back. am moving on. and i realize that not everyone can afford to pay what kooks wants for headers... but had i bought a second set of pacesetters id be in the ballpark of kooks anyway. and there are other companies out there such as LPP who make a far superior product to pacesetter and really at a nominal increase in price. if there is anyway you can return the pacesetters and get some LPPs, i STRONGLY urge you to do so. hate to see yet another consumer suffer the pains i have due to a substandard company like pacesetter. and if they are a sponsor on here, oh well! the truth is the truth and i do not at all feel guilty about warning others of their poor quality.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Well... I am not buying those now. But don't they all have there flaws with fitment?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by projectX
Well... I am not buying those now. But don't they all have there flaws with fitment?
never had any issues with hooker before. have not used a y-pipe with them always fabbed up something but no problems with the headers
Old 05-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Always better to find a good weld shop that wouldn't mind fabbing an ORY instead of buying one pre-bent.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

my steering knuckle hits my header
Old 05-29-2010, 03:24 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not only that, but you should see the merge welds inside my pacesetter y-pipe, its embarassing.

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Always better to find a good weld shop that wouldn't mind fabbing an ORY instead of buying one pre-bent.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We have installed 3 sets of Pacesetters at our shop, two LS1 cars and one LT1 car. All three sets we felt fit great, no fighting to get them in place and no rubbing at all. The LT1 car we used the EGR headers and the EGR mounts were a pain since they didn't line up up but other than that they were fine.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
for the steering shaft i grounded it down a lil bit.
as for it hitting the floor i needed to heat each header tube up and then bend them down away from the floor.
If your ground the steering shaft, go buy another. I did that to get a little clearance from headers rubbing. Steering shaft broke while I was parked, I pulled on steering wheel to adjust myself in seat before starting truck and shaft broke. Thank god it didn’t break while I was driving. I put new one on and took a ball peen hammer to header and now all good.

Last edited by Deevans85; 03-28-2020 at 11:05 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 03-28-2020, 12:50 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Solid 10 year thread bump.

Quick Reply: Who has pacesetter headers with y-pipe?