LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

350 / CC503 / AI 200cc

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snk-huntr
dont need a tune for heads..

Dude.... Will you build a race engine for me? Dont worry about cost, I'll save tons of cash on the tune. Fill up your brakelight fluid while your at it.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BLK,97,T/A,M-6
Dude.... Will you build a race engine for me? Dont worry about cost, I'll save tons of cash on the tune. Fill up your brakelight fluid while your at it.

You are just as bad as he is. Do you not know how to read other posts or do you just decide to make ignorant comments about other peoples ignorant comments? And while were at it, wtf does your reply have to do with my questions?

Thank you.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

With your setup it may not make high HP numbers but it will make very good torque and that's what moves the car. It may not be the perfect setup for a strip car but it will be a fun street car...
Old 06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
With your setup it may not make high HP numbers but it will make very good torque and that's what moves the car. It may not be the perfect setup for a strip car but it will be a fun street car...
That is kinda what I was hoping for. I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any kind of adverse effects with the mismatching of components. I will probably hold off on buying the cam until the 383 is more complete. What I am looking for eventually is what Joe (RamAir95TA) has with his setup.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stryker1320
Gregrob, in case you missed my previous post, I asked for it to be his "final answer" and I also asked everyone else not to start any more **** on this thread. I would like to keep this one on track.

Thank you everyone for you input on this too. I feel better about putting these heads on now!

Adam $.
A motor is like your relationship, if you dont have good HEAD it will not work to its potential!!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stryker1320
With all due respect snk-huntr, please don't reply to any of my threads unless you have something at least half way intellectual to say. I have read some of the other threads you have contributed to and I must say that I am less than impressed. Not to mention, I really don't want this thread to get locked.

Now, with that being said, I do realize that it may not be an absolute requirement to have the ECM reprogrammed for a head swap, but it would not perform optimally. AND, I also know that even a completely stock engine can benefit from a re-tune, let alone a modified engine. Enough about that...

To the rest of you that have posted, or will post later, thank you for the responses. Also, if you all would, please just ignore the replies that snk-hunter makes, as I don't want this thread to turn into a bitch-fest.
.... just going by my builds ,I have done three head swaps in the last 2 years and when I went back 4 a retune it was still dead on, and last swap I did was about the same heads you have and the 503 ,so I retract my statement as I havent needed a tune after a headswap but you may .
Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that may not have been the best post I made but I have been working on lt1,s for about10 years now , not a newb ,, if you ever come to my local track on a friday night and you end up beside me then you will know how good I am on these cars ,6.89@ 99 on a 100 shot and Im spraying 150 this friday and I run 7.40 on motor, not bad for someone who dont know what there doing huh, full weight also
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snk-huntr
that may not have been the best post I made but I have been working on lt1,s for about10 years now , not a newb ,, if you ever come to my local track on a friday night and you end up beside me then you will know how good I am on these cars ,6.89@ 99 on a 100 shot and Im spraying 150 this friday and I run 7.40 on motor, not bad for someone who dont know what there doing huh, full weight also
I don't even know where to begin. You've quickly become the resident retard on this forum.

It also cracks me up that you're "bragging" over your times while attempting to make a desperate correlation between said times and how "good you are."
Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^Here we go again...

I'd say go for the tune. You might as well make sure it isn't running rich, or even worse, lean. Wouldn't want to wreck anything would ya?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
^Here we go again...

I'd say go for the tune. You might as well make sure it isn't running rich, or even worse, lean. Wouldn't want to wreck anything would ya?
Yep. Mine is running rich. And I also have a set of injectors that need installing and tuned for.

Quick Reply: 350 / CC503 / AI 200cc