LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CC306 Stock headed auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 06:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default CC306 Stock headed auto

I want my car to sound like a damn animal, I'm not to big in to racing other people but I have always wanted a cam and I see they make great power plus they have that awesome sound I set my computer start up, cell phone voice message, and computer turn off to. Sorry just heard the thing at thunder and I almost fell over in delight it just sound so damn good. I know I cant pass smog ever again in my life, thats a given I will accept. Any case I'm a cheap *** and looking to buy the cam used, any way to check to see it is in fact a CC306 and some whimpy *** CC304. I'm dont want to start my car and it sounds gay.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheap as you may be...buy a NEW cam.
The 230/236 is an awesome cam, you'll need to reconsider the head issue though. Port/polish them and you'll be screamin'!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a new cam, definitely a 306.. but it won't run very well on stock heads. You can get your heads ported a small amount for cheap, or do it yourself, but if you run a 304 you'll be disappointed down the road and wish that you went bigger when you had the chance.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigEvil
Cheap as you may be...buy a NEW cam.
The 230/236 is an awesome cam, you'll need to reconsider the head issue though. Port/polish them and you'll be screamin'!

My buddy ran that cam, its a great cam, he trapped 117 with heads in his auto on street tires. I want to do heads, but that wont happen till i do a motor.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
I want my car to sound like a damn animal, I'm not to big in to racing other people but I have always wanted a cam and I see they make great power plus they have that awesome sound I set my computer start up, cell phone voice message, and computer turn off to. Sorry just heard the thing at thunder and I almost fell over in delight it just sound so damn good. I know I cant pass smog ever again in my life, thats a given I will accept. Any case I'm a cheap *** and looking to buy the cam used, any way to check to see it is in fact a CC306 and some whimpy *** CC304. I'm dont want to start my car and it sounds gay.
If you just want your car to sound nasty put a 306 in without tuning. It will not only sound sick but it'll run sick too

As much of a pain as it is to do cams in LT1's you need to make sure you are happy with your choice. Even though you like the way it sounds, it will be no fun to pull up to a light with your car shakin' and bakin' and then hit the gas and it just falls on its face.

Reminds me of a local guy with an old Grand Prix that supposedly had the baddest 327 in the land. He would pull up makin' all kinds of noise and everyone was always scared. I pulled up in my bone stock 94 LT1 (Green Meany) with a vortech and exhaust and once he heard that blower he wanted no part of me. Couldn't get him to do a friendly little jaunt for nuttin'. If your gonna make tha noise, you should be able to back it up.

Quick Reply: CC306 Stock headed auto