LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

chandler ebay opti

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default chandler ebay opti

I know this may have been asked but has anyone had success with the chandler motorsports opti? Ive learned my lesson on cheaping out with parts but I can't afford a $400 gm unit.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

yeah theirs someone here that has one and he says its worked great and has a warranty im ordering one this week
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

There will always be the naysayers. But **** it, for the price I figured I could burn through 3-4 before I would even touch the price of an oem unit. I will take the gamble. Odds are in my favor IMO. But so far so good for me. One day we might even talk chandler into being a sponsor here, and maybe he would do specials and group purchases and **** like that. Here's mine:

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

For questions:

Originally Posted by Nickerz
Hi,
I just got off the phone with steve (01ssreda4) and heard about thepartsladi. Its unfortunately whenever sellers go AWOL like that and leave hundreds of people to deal with the issues. Its the price wars that get some people into that situation. Which is exactly why we raised the price on our optispark units a while ago. We used to sell them for very cheap and make only a little bit of money on each one. But we plan on selling these units as THE replacement unit besides OEM.
We also do however want to service people looking for OEM units. So I will begin to contact GM dealers to begin to try and find a source for OEM units as well. Do I know if I can sell them for the $295 for the Optispark I and $250 for the II? I'm not sure. I'll have to find out. She might have only been making a small cut on them, which is what got her into that situation in the first place.
As a consumer I understand the desire and reason to purchase the lowest price item, and typically we have tried to provide the best price on items, but at the end of the day if we can't pay our bills a low price doesn't help anyone. Also, when you're making crumbs on a part its only natural to be hesitant to honor warranties and returns. We find its easier to make a little bit more on a part and then take the returns and warranties when they're needed. I like to go to sleep at the end of the day and know people were happy with our products. I can't imagine what its like to put your company name in google and see horror stories sprayed all over the search results.
We've had great luck with our units, we have only a handful in our warehouse as warranty or DOA returns. We've sold TONS of these units. It is our goal to be the replacement solution for optisparks. We're currently revamping our website which was a one size fits all oscommerce site to a more robust and service oriented site. Once we're done with that we'll be on all the fbody forums. I was an Fbody guy myself, having owned an LS1 Transam with a 10 bolt that shot parts out like a party cannon.

Here is some recent feedback on our optispark products.

Like I said, we'll be on here just as soon as we can get the website finished... or maybe we can just get on here anyways... MODS! Payment address... stat!
-Nick Chandler
Chandler Motorsports
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Opti crapped out here aswell, Im gonna take 01SSreda4's word for it and go with the Chandler unit. Too many OEM's were crapping out on me..
Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have one still runing strong 1 year later.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have one on my Corvette, great piece, made by the same company that manufacturers the MSD units.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine when they were $70 shipped and it lasted 8 months until my water pump had to **** all over it.

I switched to an ac delco unit because it was free lol But if this one goes out, ill get another chandler hands down.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

good deal guys! this is my dilemma.. i had bought an ebay unit that had the delco p/n and the stock yellow cover. I kept it on the shelf incase mine ever went out. well.. my cousin needed it for his car and he ordered me another one. The one he got me had the black cover instead of the factory yellow and no p/n on it. So it sat on the shelf until I put it on when i did the cam swap and it runs fine other than tuning issues. I'm just worried it may not last b/c i don't know what seller he got it from. Also my POS reman water pump from advance decided to let go last week so i'm also afraid it has ruined it from hot coolant pissing down all over it.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default i have same opti

Bought mine in feb from chandler, couldnt do cam swap until now.
followed forums leads, put thread stop on rotor screws, and rtv ed the outer casing seals. Bitch started right up. only few miles on new opti , but seeems to run run like a mf.
Just got tune from pmc , really runs smooth now, want to compare 1/4 slips from then til now. my best was 13.8 on april 2nd
Cant wait.......
Old 06-18-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

just got off the phone with them .. great customer service.. purchased one .. Hopefully i wont get disappointed! . got the life time warranty cap n rotor and distributor

Quick Reply: chandler ebay opti