LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Autolite 104's

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Autolite 104's

Hey guys, I had a miss in the car and I was not sure what was causing it so I went a head and pulled the plugs out to see how they looked. I went ahead and swapped them with new plugs since they were cheap but I have some questions.
The engine is a 383 with LE2 heads and LE custom cam. When I got the heads from Lloyd he said to use autolite 104's in it. I just pulled them out and I am not sure if I had a bad plug or what. On #7 cylider the plug was brown but all other cyliders were nice and clean. #7 was dry (No Oil) but brown. I checked my wires and they are look good. After changing the plugs I went for a run again and the miss cleared up but it feels like I may be weak on spark. I still need to check my TPS voltage but the car ran good for it being 94 degrees out but it did feel like it was laboring a tad. That may just be the TPS not being right on it but I will fix that this afternoon. I can post a pick of the plugs if need be but what do you all think about the auotlite 104 plugs and about what might be causing the one plug to be brown? I have a summit Opti on the car that was new with the build, and ignition modual and coil are 100k miles stock. Should I be running an MSD or look at changing the coil and ignition modual? Give me some thoughts as to wich way I should go. Also I have no CEL on but also I don't have a scanner and it has not been scanned so I have no idea if there are any codes.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those are good plugs. They are not your problem. Maybe that cylinder is a tad richer than the rest. Doesn't mean oil contamination. 104s are all I ever used in my 383".
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran 104's in my car and I like them over all of the other plugs I have ran. I have used them when I was fuelinjected and running ported stockheads and comp cc305 cam. I also used autolites in my nitromethane powered KX125 and my nitro banshee, both drag bike arm ripping maniacs.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Love AL's (copper cores AL103)
long story short, broke down in OK after hours on a sat, ran this plug home, and it wasnt missing - dont ask me how...

most AZ/Pepboys will scan the car for free.... Might want to call around and see if you can get the DTC

Quick Reply: Autolite 104's